What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,457,172 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• "The War Wagon" - a very good Duke movie IMO. Duke and Kirk Douglas played off one another very well.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Douglas: "My [guy] hit the ground first!" Duke: "Mine was taller."

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• I watched the Audie Murphy western where he, Tony Curtis, James Best and Richard Egan, join Brian Donlevy's (as Quantrell) band of Confederate Guerilla fighters.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• The last Western I watched was "Stagecoach" and not the John Wayne version either.This one starred Willie Nelson,Johnny Cash,Kris Kristopherson,Waylon Jennings and John Scneider.This was a 1986 TV movie and is now on DVD.I enjoyed it because it stayed fairly close to the origonal and even though it was done by country singers most of them have had acting experience. June Carter ,Emmylou Harris and John and June's son were also in it.I think you will enjoy it ...SaddleTramp...

• A Long Came Jones with Gary Cooper, was entertaining, and also Hildalgo as a second viewing. I liked it better this time yet question why the raiders attack the camp to steal the stallion instead of lying in wait along the race course.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Pure Country with George Strait and the lovely Ms Isabel Glasser. nice film.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• "Aces-N-Eights" (2008)
    -Casper Van Dein. Bruce Boxleitner.

A gunman, disgusted with the life quits the business and rides off, a few years later while he is working with a farmer (Ernest Borgnine) the railroad tries to throw them off their land and they hire his ex-gang to do the job.

Made for cable TV movie. While the story is not very original, the film does have some good action scenes and good performances from the actors. Overall a solid effort.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. I'm not that big a fan of spaghetti westerns, but this is a very good film. I love the score.

Does anyone know how Duke felt about Spaghetti westerns. His type of cowboy wouldn't fit into one. When I saw Lee Van Cleef's character slap the prostitute around to get info or shoot the kid carrying the shotgun in the beginning and just step over hin on the way out, I thought...you'd never see Duke play a part like that! I'm just curious if anyone knows how he felt about them.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Ride To Glory. kind of like a western version of the Dirty Dozen.
    staring Bekim Fehimiu,Richard Crenna,John Houston,Richardo Montalban,Ian Bannen,Slim Pickens, Woody Strode,Chuck Connors and Patrick Wayne. (ALSO CALLED THE DESERTER)

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• "Breakheart Pass" (1975)
    -Charles Bronson, Ben Johnson

When a military outpost is struck with a severe outbreak of diphtheria, the authorities send a train loaded with medical supplies and replacement soldiers. As the train is on its way however, a passenger is murdered. And then two passengers; then the entire human cargo of several cars. John Deakin, a man under arrest and being transported to custody, does some digging to find out the reason for the carnage.

Good action and a mystery too. Very entertaining.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town