What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,454,548 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Navajo Joe
    Hmm Burt Reynolds dressed as Indian on a venegeance tour. You must be a fan of Italian Westerns to like it. Nevertheless beside of all the violence an entertaining flick with a good music score from Ennio Morricone.:shades_smile:

It was weird enough seeing him as an Indian on Gunsmoke (Quint Asper), when he was decked out in the warpaint, etc. He didn't look too bad when he became the blacksmith, but at first, when he was living with his family. I realize he was 1/2 Indian, but he still looked a little strange.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Monseur, you are a LuLu!" (The Comancheros)

• Hi Arthur, thanks for that and I think that was the title. I meant to look on the TCM schedule-but forgot to do so.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• RIO GRANDE
    John Ford + John Wayne + Maureen O'Hara = GREAT MOVIE ! :wink:

"You're too good to give a chance to." John Wayne as Cole Thornton in El Dorado (1966)

• It was weird enough seeing him as an Indian on Gunsmoke (Quint Asper), when he was decked out in the warpaint, etc. He didn't look too bad when he became the blacksmith, but at first, when he was living with his family. I realize he was 1/2 Indian, but he still looked a little strange.

It's interesting who else played Indians in their career: Burt Lancaster in Apache, Rock Hudson in Winchester 73 and Taza, Anthony Quinn in Buffalo Bill, Boris Karloff in Unconquered, ... :shades_smile:

"You're too good to give a chance to." John Wayne as Cole Thornton in El Dorado (1966)

• ONCE again The Horse Soldiers (this time in Widescreen :wink:) !

VIRGINIA CITY (1940)
    Interesting Cast in this one: Errol Flynn, Randolph Scott, Humphrey Bogart ... Directed by Michael Curtiz who directed also The Commancheros and Casablanca. More or less the typical Errol Flynn Adventure Movie with some nice scenes in it. :regular_smile:

• In the last several weeks I watched, "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance", "The Big Trail" "Stagecoach", "High Noon", and one called "Guns of a Stranger", a very low budget western starring my favorite classic country/western star, Marty Robbins. The first four...classics! The last one...not so much!

• ONE-EYED JACKS
    A well done western directed by Marlon Brando. The cast was pretty good: Brando himself, Karl Malden and the all time great Ben Johnson. Always have a good feeling when I see Ben Johnson in a Movie. :wink: My only complain about this movie is that it's far too long. :pizza:

EL DORADO
    It's a classic and one of the most entertaining western I ever seen.

• Watched "Whispering Smith" tonight, starring Alan Ladd.

I was really surprised because this is the only film I've ever seen in which Donald Crisp played a bad guy.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• The Magnificent Seven Ride!
    The third sequel of The Magnificent Seven. This time with Lee Van Cleef and Stephanie Powers. An ok Movie!:wink:

• Watched "A Fistful of Dollars" last week and "For a Few Dollars More" last night.

Which one you like better? My favourite is For a Few Dollars More :shades_smile:

• "Quick and the Dead" and "Conagher" starring Sam Elliott. Two of his best westerns. Sam's kinda cut from the same cloth Duke was, a man's man. But of course Duke stands head and shoulders above all the rest, in my book mind you.