What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,468,304 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• "Wagon Master"

Great movie Starring Ben Johnson, in one of his few leading roles, along with Harry Carey Jr and Ward Bond. Great John Ford Western, with Johnson and Carey basically playing the same characters from "Rio Grande"

• Part of 3:10 To Yuma-the Glenn Ford classic ;-)) Didn't get to see much of it before the cable TV went off the air I guess due to the Thunderstorm we had.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi

Just finished Angel and the Badman on Channel 4. It seems they have quite a lot ofDuke films in the next week or so. Unfortunately I'm at work when they are on.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• The Shadow Riders and Quigley Down Under were the last westerns I watched was in the mood for some Tom Selleck :)

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life..." ~John Wayne~[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

• I needed to watch some Duke because of some negative junk going on on another site im involved with. Anyway, I watched: BIG JAKE, and loved every second of it ;-))

Needless to say, it propped up my morale quite a bit ;-))

• Something this morning on AMC that has Burt Lancaster as an Army Scout and Richard Jaeckel as a Cav Sergeant. I forgot the name of the movie which was OK but not great. Then-they (AMC) redeemed theirselves by showing Shenandoah ;-))

• I almost watched The Searchers but had to finish watching a Netflix movie so I could get it in the mail this afternoon. Next up on the slate is Picture Snatcher w/ James Cagney and a couple of other "recognizable Faces".

PS, I know some of the above is off-topic but this part aint. I just finished watching James Garner, Jack Elam, Walter Brennan, Gene Evans, Dick Peabody, Harry Morgan and Bruce Dern in the Comedy-Western classic: Support Your Local Sheriff. The next Western ill be enjoying will be: Support Your Local Gunfighter.

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• "The Villain" (1979)

Plot: Amazon
    A wacky western spoof from Hal Needham ("Smokey and the Bandit") starring Kirk Douglas as a calamity-prone outlaw who is continually impeded in his pursuit of "innocent" damsel-in-distress Ann-Margret by white-clad hero Arnold Schwarzenegger. Paul Lynde, Ruth Buzzi, Foster Brooks also star.

Phantom's Review: Funny, live action cartoon. All the gags from the Road Runner cartoons are brought to life in this very silly, but fun movie. If your in the mood for great acting, plot or drama...then skip this movie. If you want total lunacy then enjoy.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Oh and I forgot to mention earlier, but, The Plainsman was one I watched tonight. It has Gary Cooper in it. I liked it but found it can't hold a Candle to another Western he made that I liked very much called: The Westerner-which also has Walter Brennan and Tom Tyler (as a bad guy)--naturally ;-))