What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,472,849 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi

This afternoon Gunfight at the OK Corral. Made in 1956 not sure of the location possibly Old Tucson, but three years later Howard Hawks took John Wayne Walter Brennen and Dean Martin to the same place when he made Rio Bravo. Even to the point of the wooden bridge across the dry gulley and the stone wall where Duke and Stumpy threw sticks of Dynamite at the baddies.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Last night started season two of WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE.

I too have been intermittently watching the series for the past 2 or 3 weeks. Am in the third (last) season now and like most series, the writers seem to run out of ideas at times, meaning some episodes are considerably better than others.

Also, in the second season, they introduced another bounty hunter named Jason, who becomes a sidekick to Josh (McQueen). Personally, I don't think he adds much to the series. One things for sure, he doesn't have Steve's strong charisma.

There have been a number of well-known guest stars at times, including Michael Landon, James Coburn and one or two others.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Today I watched VALDEZ is COMING.1970
    A fine Burt Lancaster film. About an former mexican sheriff just trying to do the right thing.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Yes that was a really good one, part of a western trilogy he did at that time along with Lawman and Ulzana's Raid. I didn't realize until recently that about a fifth of Burt's movies were westerns.

• I don't know if I said it on this siote or not? but-my last Western watched was w/ James Stewart, Arthur Kennedy and Rock Hudson in: Bend of the River.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I don't know if I said it on this siote or not? but-my last Western watched was w/ James Stewart, Arthur Kennedy and Rock Hudson in: Bend of the River.

You know Ringo, a lot of people seem to regard BOTR as just a B-western with A-list production values, but personally it has always been my favorite of the five Stewart-Mann westerns.

• Picked up dvd at kmart called ACES' N EIGHTS
    tv made with plenty of action.
    Casper Van Dien,Bruce Boxleitner and 90 year old Ernist Borgnine.

• Unconquered

I went and bought this off Amazon after watching Man of the West. I had seen this film many many years ago. All I remembered was a logcabin and a little dog... Glad I finally have it in my collection :)

• Today a western I have never seen before and thats hard to do.
    FLAMING STAR (1960) Elvis Presley.
    Not a singing Elvis, an action Elvis. with good story line and a lot of action.:thumbs_up::thumbs_up: