What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,996 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,542,611 times. The latest Post () was by ZS_Maverick.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Watched The Train Robbers. Liked the cast(chemistry was great!), the basic plot, and the ending. Could easily see Bruce Cabot in the Pinkerton man part. That said,
    it just seems like something BIG is missing. Maybe Richard Boone as head of the bad guys woulda made it more memorable-

• Watched The Train Robbers. Liked the cast(chemistry was great!), the basic plot, and the ending. Could easily see Bruce Cabot in the Pinkerton man part. That said,
    it just seems like something BIG is missing. Maybe Richard Boone as head of the bad guys woulda made it more memorable-

Part of my disappiontment with this film is the bad guys have no identity at all. As Paul Newman AKA Butch Cassidy once said "who are those guys".

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• This morning I watched "River of No Return" with Robert Mitchum, Rory Calhoun and that beautiful, sexy but atrocious actress Marilyn Monroe. Not one of the best Westerns but not the worst either.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• i cought something on TCM yesterday-part of it but, it was some Western that had Sterling Hayden and Ernest Borgnine in it. Didn't catch its title as it was more than half over when I turned on the Tv and saw that a Western was playing.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Unforgiven with Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman, Morgan Freeman. I forgot most of this movie. It has been years since I've seen it, so it was refreshing to see it again. I'm not sure if it is my favorite, but I don't dislike it.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Could it have been The Last Command?

Sorry but, nope-even though I know both Hayden and Borgnine were also in that movie-which NEEDS to be released on DvD. This Western had both as bad guys-but I didn't see enough of it to know what was going on in it.

• Hi ya'll, im not sure what its name was. If I get a chance to look at the TCM schedule, I want to find out anyway. It didn't seem to be a bad movie at all .

• Hi

Just got through 'Hour of the Gun' with James Garner and Robert Ryan (a seriously underated western star playing both good and bad men), and Jason Robards.

The film was unusual in that it began where most films about Wyatt Earp usually finish with the gun fight at the OK Corral, a bit slow but as I hadn't seen the film before it was enjoyable.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low