What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,467,476 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Rio Bravo :):):):)

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life..." ~John Wayne~[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

• The one with the very long title;

"The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford In a Movie So Slow and So Boring It's As If You're Starring AT An Oil Painting With a Sound Track for Three Plus Hours"

Wasn't too crazy about this one!

:))): That really struck my funny bone!!

We watched Rio Bravo and El Dorado last night! Of course we all know the story lines are extremely similar, but it was even more evident when watching them back to back.

• The one with the very long title;
    "The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford In a Movie So Slow and So Boring It's As If You're Starring AT An Oil Painting With a Sound Track for Three Plus Hours"
    Wasn't too crazy about this one!

I got about a third of the way through this and gave up! Just a big waste of time.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• "Rio Conchos", one of the best '60s westerns. Richard Boone and Stuart Whitman are the leads. It was Jim Brown's first movie and Tony Franciosa steals the show as a colorful Mexican. Jerry Goldsmith's music in this one is magical.
    It's not on dvd, but Fox Movie Channel aired it last year in letterbox format and I copied it to dvd.

We deal in lead, friend.

• "The Law And Jake Wade" (1958)
    -Robert Taylor, Richard Widmark

Plot: IMDB
    Jake Wade is a one-time outlaw who has gone straight and is now the Marshall in a small town. His past catches up with him when his former partner, Clint Hollister, takes him prisoner in order to get his share of the loot from their last job together. To make sure Jake cooperates, they also take his fiancée Peggy along for the trip. Peggy learns all too quickly about Jake's past. When they reach the ghost town where Jake hid the money, they have to fight off a band of marauding Indians.

Phantom's Review: Fine western drama. Good and interesting plot, good acting and some decent action. Very enjoyable.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• lawless range an early duke western
    season 1 of alias smith and jones
    winchester 73 the tv remake
    stagecoach 1966
    southwest passage rod cameron

all in the last 3 nights

• Hang 'em High with Clint Eastwood. Don't know why, but this is a great movie to me. I just like the format of this story and the characters and cast. Just a great fit.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Ride a crooked Trail, starring Audie Murphy and Walter Mattheau. Good old Western movie and the former Outlaw turns good in the end...

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• Drums Along th eMohawk and then and finally ;-)) Northwest Passage.

Northwest Passage NEEDS to be released on DvD. So if any hollywood types with some pull read this? I say again, NORTHWEST PASSAGE w/ Spencer Tracy, Robert Young and Walter Brennan--NEEDS to be released on DvD.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..