Global Business Environment

There are 3 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,671 times. The latest Post () was by Robbie.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi all:

I am doing my exams in less than two weeks and I have the following two exam topics to revise and I would appreciate a little information from any of you on the two subjects either via PM/Emails or posts here. Thanks in advance.

1. Globalisation of Markets and production, benefits of each(relevant examples will gain extra marks).

2. Impact of the marketing environment on consumers and strategies. How does the cultural environment of an international market impact on consumers behaviour and marketing practice in international markets.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Hey Robbie,

What is your major, and how much longer do you have before graduation.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Robbie,

Just my opinion -

In today's global marketplace, when you start hearing about globalizing production and markets, basically what these words are saying is that they are trying to find some poor person in a third world country to be trained at manufacturing some product, let's say a tennis shoe. Whereas they used to manufacture that tennis shoe in your country, paying citizens of your country a living wage, now they are able to produce the same shoe for probably less than ten percent of the previous cost. Now they will send that tennis shoe back to your country and sell it for the same price as before, filling their pockets with the extra profits and other countries farther down the food chain will be able to buy the tennis shoe for lesser amounts, depending on how much they have to spend.

The end result of this is that the previously well-to-do countries have all their jobs disenfranchised to other countries, their standard of living decreases to the point that they will eventually become a third world economy also. While the standard of living in the third world country may be improved, it will eventually all be equaled out around the world.

If you see this process as a good thing, then you can go far in today's global marketplace. If you don't, you'll be branded as an obstructionist, a dinosaur from the past, and will definitely find your career blocked at all turns. :headbonk:

The difficult part is that it is very hard to compete with a couple of billion hungry Chinese. Communism did a good job at keeping China out of the world economy and now the Communists are losing their grip and western marketplaces are going to have to deal with that.

Chester :newyear:

• Hi Mike

I am doing a course called computing with Entrepreneurship which I finish in May after four years. I have three important exams in January which contribute to my degree and one on them involves global busines which is the topic I have started here.

Hi Chester.

Thanks very much for that information.

Further to what you have said in the USA does the cultural environment influence what you buy and how you behave, do you think the cultural environment is important.

Thanks in advance.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie