How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 917,160 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Wish old Texas could get some of Down-Under's rain, smokey. I've lived in the Lone Star state for a little more than 20 years and I've never seen it as dry as it is right now. And what makes it worse is that the winds have been terrible so when a grass fire starts, it's almost impossible to put it out.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Wish old Texas could get some of Down-Under's rain, smokey. I've lived in the Lone Star state for a little more than 20 years and I've never seen it as dry as it is right now. And what makes it worse is that the winds have been terrible so when a grass fire starts, it's almost impossible to put it out.

Jim - It hurts me to see all those fires in West Texas and elsewhere in the state (there was one in Telegraph near Junction which has been brought under control) and even more that Obama elected (there's an ironic word) to not call those areas "disaster areas."
    Our local weathercaster said that this was an extreme period of dry weather - he even did a rain dance the other night!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Jim - It hurts me to see all those fires in West Texas and elsewhere in the state (there was one in Telegraph near Junction which has been brought under control) and even more that Obama elected (there's an ironic word) to not call those areas "disaster areas."
    Our local weathercaster said that this was an extreme period of dry weather - he even did a rain dance the other night!

I just hold my breath every time a grass fire starts in the vicinity where I live. It's a little old wide spot in the road with a volunteer FD and as you can imagine, a place like that can get overwhelmed very quickly.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• The weatherman announced this evening that our area has perhaps a good chance for some rain from tomorrow afternoon through the coming weekend. I'll believe it when I see it!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Last week, we were very muggy in the lower 90's, then a cold front went through Friday and now we are in the low 70's less muggy and very nice. Tuesday, we may not make it to the 70. The low's are in the 50's but one morning is suppose to be 47. NICE!

We will be in the 90's for the next three months, we don't need to be there now. I want to enjoy the weather and not be that hot yet.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Been cool & rainy here for the past month. Supposed to hit the upper 80s this weekend-still rainy, but maybe it'll hold off a bit so we can enjoy the daytime-