How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 938,080 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• cold + windy here today. a good frost on the ground this morning so i had to scrape the ice off the car before i could go to work

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• What a day! We had over two inches over the weekend, and today, it was very windy of gusts to 30 mph. We stayed in the 40's almost all day with a small part of the day hitting 50. The clouds rolled in and it became colder. Suppose to get below 30 tonight with a day of upper 40's tomorrow. Not as windy, which is a plus and more sun, but in the mid to lower 20's tomorrow night.

Rain on Thursday.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• horrible thick, freezing fog here all weekend. the fogs lifted now but everywhere frozen and sleeting and hailing all day brrrrr......

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• We had some icey slop yesterday which then turned to all rain. The temps were good all November to the point we saved on power and gas. Being unemployed it helped by God's grace.:teeth_smile:

• A very good rain today, and clearing out. Tomorrow is going to be burrrrr! Temperatures in the 50's but winds gusting up to 30 mph. And going to be in the 20's tomorrow night.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Below 0 F for us at night. More snow coming, I hope!!! High of about 15 F today. I want more snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• i really, really wish we would get snow here but we never do just dull, boring rain. it tried to snow last night but failed so just rained instead.

Hooked on The Duke

• Cold nights (down to 32º F last night) . . . .

Mrs. C :angel1:

Below 0 F for us at night.

Todd, I guess you got a good laugh out of our "cold nights"!!

Nothing cold about our day today, we went on a 10-mile beach hike with the Boy Scouts, and the temp at the coast was around 65º F and sunny. PERFECT for a hike, but not too Christmas-y feeling.

• good frost on the ground this morning but its a lovely sunny,crisp day so i'm going to wrap up warm when i take Yogi for a walk.
    i wish i lived near a beach Mrs. C so i could take Yogi a walk on the sand + let him go in the sea.

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• i wish i lived near a beach Mrs. C so i could take Yogi a walk on the sand + let him go in the sea.

While there were a few dogs chasing balls and sticks in the water, the Pacific Ocean is pretty cold. Even in the summer, at least here in Northern California, the surfers wear wetsuits to keep warm.

But living near the ocean is something I almost take for granted. Except for when I was away at college (a six-hour drive from the ocean), I have always lived within 30 minutes of an ocean beach. I love to hear the sound of the surf, and find it relaxing. I don't get to the beach nearly as much I'd like to, but I am happy when we get there.

Weather-wise, today was a carbon copy of yesterday. Sunny and pleasantly cool.

• hailing this morning and really cold - came downstairs to find the cat desperately trying to get in - i told him when he went out he d regret it but he didn t listen.
    we don t often get snow this side of the country just rain - i would love to live somewhere in the countryside where they get proper old fashioned snow falls - james herriott country type of thing!

Hooked on The Duke

• We were in the mid 70's today with a lot of wind. By the late afternoon, we got some much needed rain. It has been a good rain. The second round is in Mississippi heading this way. It's a colorful radar, but hopefully the severe weather will not come to us. This is to stall out tomorrow and continue through Thursday. And bring a much colder temps going into the weekend.

Looking forward to the adventure the next couple of days.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

- John Wayne quote

• Yup cold up here in Scotland, we tend not to get snow being at nearly sea level but we can look across the solway firth and see snow on the hills of the lake district.