How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 910,972 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Well, we are getting hotter, but the humidy is still low. Not complaining, it's coming soon. Just enjoying it while it lasts. Didn't quiet make it to 90, but sure it will happen tomorrow. It is the first day summer.

We are suppose to have daylight for 14 hours and 18 minutes. Let's here it for the longest day of the year. Hey smokey, this is your shortest day of the year for you.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Will y'all adopt me--please!!!!

I don't know, with the money you spend on DVD's, we both would be going to the poor house. :wink_smile:

All kidding aside, we are getting close (5 more years) to our youngest turning 18, our oldest is 31, do the math, after over thirty years taking care of loved ones, Its almost time for a break. :wink_smile::wink_smile:

Chester :newyear:

P.S. I was up in San Francisco today, Wow, was it nice. Days like today make you realize why one may want to live there.

• It's Baaaaaaaaaaaack! The humidy is back with a vengence. I knew it was a matter of time, but it was nice while it lasted. Need some rain. But none forecasted this weekend or it is but so low, it will not more than likely not gonna rain at my house unless I turn on the sprinkler.

Oh well, at least we are not on the northen east coast.

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Did we ever have winter this year? If so-it MUST have been a pipe dream. In other words--think of Planet Mercury--hot--and you will know Texas weather. Oh and, on Monday--were to pass 100F, the rest of the week are supposed to stay at a cooler 99 degrees F. >:-((((

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Did we ever have winter this year? If so-it MUST have been a pipe dream. In other words--think of Planet Mercury--hot--and you will know Texas weather. Oh and, on Monday--were to pass 100F, the rest of the week are supposed to stay at a cooler 99 degrees F. >:-((((

We're still waiting for summer here In The UK!
    It's raining again, and heavily.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Let's see. We are in a weird pattern here in the state. We have the tropical storm on the gulf coast. It is really raining, but not here. We are west of the tropical eye and in the northern hemisphere, these storm rotate counterclockwise.

That means that the storm is bringing in moisture from the gulf to the east giving the panhandle of Florida around the Panama City area and areas east the rain, they do not want right now. We are talking about buckets of rain. An average of 10 plus inches per day. Flooding like you've never seen. And it is moving through parts of Georgia.

Now as the storm is rotating around going toward the west, it is bringing down the dry air on the other side of the eye and bringing us in Alabama dry conditions which means dry warm or hot air that is blowing as it goes south back into the gulf waters.

We are wedged in within a two hundred miles around us with the southeast part of Alabama with a high of 79, to the northwest side of this with a temperature of 105. We actually were 98 in our area with very windy conditions, and intermittent clouds around us all day. It is humid outside, and if you are in the shade it is cool except when the wind blows that dry hot air, but in the sun it is brutal.

There is a high pressure dome over us that is creating that heat wave, so when the tropical storm goes further east, we will see out temps over 100 very quickly. With no relief in sight for the next 10 days.

Tropical Strom Debby is moving very slowly and getting a lot of rain, but not in Alabama. Just as the storm crosses into the state is dissipates and well, no rain. If this storm move to the west which is not likely, then we will see rain ourselves.

Overall, just another southern summer day with unpredictable things all around.

- John Wayne quote