How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 977,003 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Today here in South Texas is partly cloudy and chipper. We got to our coolest temp of the season this morning at a COLD 35 degrees. Tonight we might actuallt get as COLD as 31 degrees.

So much for al gores "global warming."

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Still mild for February and I still dont believe in global warming.

A nice little ruse that politicians thought up to make up for losing taxes on cigarettes and drink.

Mike

At one time I was very skeptical about the theory too, Mike, but damned if I'm not beginning to believe it. You can see the evidence piling up that the earth is getting warmer. The only thing is - I'm not yet willing to concede that it's caused by human activity. It could very well be a natural phenomenon caused by the sun's rays or something. All I know is - in Texas the summers are getting a lot hotter and we hardly ever have any cold winters anymore.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Hi Stumpy

Yes, the weather is getting milder but it has nothing to do with carbon emissions as you say the latest theory is that it is caused by sun rays creating more cloud formations.

If they could cut emissions to zero tomorrow if their theories are correct
    it would make no difference.

Their figures vary from sea levels going up from an inch to 50ft.

Considering how much guesswork and dont know's are involved I wouldnt credit much of their work.

The sinister thing is that those doing the research know they will be funded
    forever as long as they come out with the doom & gloom warnings and the politicians are milking it to the hilt with taxation.

What are they doing with all this extra money not building flood defences or anything useful for sure.

The only thing useful that might come out of it is that scientists may get their proverbial fingers out and devlop nuclear fusion and then we can tell the arabs to go back to their sand pit.

Mike

• The only thing useful that might come out of it is that scientists may get their proverbial fingers out and devlop nuclear fusion and then we can tell the arabs to go back to their sand pit.

Wouldn't that be wonderful?

• I think something is changing with the world climate,
    but I'm unsure what is causing it.
    The 'experts' are of no help,
    with one hand the ice caps are melting
    and the cold water's gonna make us all freeze,
    but if the ice caps are melting
    then it must be getting warmer,
    so we won't freeze anyway,
    we'll all just drown!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Well, we started out with 23F this morning before going up to 65F this afternoon. We are currently in a warm up right now, and about to get some rain tomorrow. We are to go down to 42F tonight. Might see the 70's this week. What a change we've seen.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hi all,

The sun is out, and it's warm for this
    time of the year. My wife and I went
    for a walk in the park this morning,
    and saw flowers starting to bloom.
    The days are getting longer, still bright
    at 6.00pm. Roll on spring and summer!

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• Don't know about the rest of the world,
    but it never seems to stop raining here!

Wish you could send some of it toward North Texas, Keith. Begins to look as if we're in for another in a series of unending annual droughts.

• Today is the most bizarre weather day I have seen in a long time. We have had thunderstorms, tornado watches, 1.75 in size hail just outside of town, possible two tornadoes just east of us, the temp has been around 60 with temps dropping back down into the 30's tommorow. We are also in a High wind advisory until 6 am Sunday morning, and a blowing snow advisory until the same time with 2-4 inches of snow expected by tomorrow morning. And that is just in my area, highways are already closed in the western part of the state into Denver.

They always say if you don't like the weather in Kansas wait 15 mins. because it will change but holy cow this is freaky....I am staying home with my bbq takeout and movies until Monday morning yuk......

Baby Sis

:cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy:

"Give me a man like Duke Wayne"...Marueen O'Hara

• We had tremendously high winds in North Texas today. Limbs and trees down all over the little town I live in.

• Lotsa wind last night and really was enjoyable. I'd have sat outside a few hours enjoying the breeze if I had not been so sleepy. Today is a drastic differance that what most in the country are getting. Today here is almost summertime temps. >:-(( I hate the heat.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..