How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 938,678 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• We have had a windy day and plenty of sunshine. It was not all that hot today and most of all muggy. We were hoping for some rain, but it didn't come. Not sure when we'll get it but I guess we will wait until then. It was kinda pleasant today considering we are a little cooler than we're suppose to be.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Well, we've had a streak of really good weather, although it's been hot the past few days (at least by our standards). Chester actually got the air conditioner running today, for the first time this season. Today it was 96º when I left the house for the airport, but it was 66º at the airport!! Love that fog!!

Thank goodness we don't have the humidity, and that it really cools off at night (it's 69º now, at almost 10 PM). We just turn on the window fans through the night, sucking in the cool air, and in the morning we close the windows (double pane), and it takes most of the day before it gets uncomfortable inside. But now we can turn on the air conditioner, thanks to my sweet husband, Chester.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Although this is supposed to be summer we have an autumn storm right now.Oh yeah did I mention that it has been raining non-stop since yesterdaymorning?Don't you just love the summer?

Hah I should have posted that earlier!!The storm has passed us,it stopped raining and believe it or not but the sun is shining!!!!! :hyper:

• if england could bottle all that excess water they have and send it our ways the flooding could be avoided. looks like vipper, bek and myself would love some of it to come our way.:wink:

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Jay, and it's about time we had a cooler summer for a change. :shades_smile:

The cooler temperatures have been nice, Carl,:teeth_smile: but the humidity is a killer. We were supposed to have a few open days, then yesterday, the weather forcasters changed their tune and said we had the possibility of rain through the coming weekend. That high pressure system that normally is parked in our area during the summer has been out west giving them all sorts of heat records, while we've had what is called a cutoff upper low pressure system in our area that has been giving us the rain and cooler temperatures.:happy:
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hi

Being on the southcoast and protected by a hill and the sea we are pretty secure. Although today is dry and sunny the rest of the week is forcast changeable That's English for more rain, but we'll be alright. My problem is for the next two weeks I'm on leave and we haven't a clue where to go.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• This is more like it! :thumbs_up: We got some well welcomed rain this afternoon, and it was a good one. Suppose to get more later today, and it will be welcomed. A little hot, but it is suppose to be; it is July isn't it?

(gt12pak)
    Hondo, quit sending us all your weather, it's been hot round these parts.

I'll try to get you some rain, but we need more bro'. :wink_smile:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• We had a little rain yesterday, but most of all it has been muggy. The lows are in the mid 70's and the highs in the mid 90's with the heat index in the triple digits. But we do get a little relief with some rain from time to time.

Today, the same but soon we'll get some good rain from a cold(?) front. Hanging in there for a cool fall.

- John Wayne quote