The Undefeated (1969)

There are 158 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 154,720 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Thanks for replying. I actually enjoyed this movie even though there were several who thought it was one of his lesser efforts.

As long as you enjoy it, that's all that matters. Hey, I'm one of the few who actually like Jet Pilot and The Conqueror. Doesn't affect my enjoyment of those films in the least.

• As long as you enjoy it, that's all that matters. Hey, I'm one of the few who actually like Jet Pilot and The Conqueror. Doesn't affect my enjoyment of those films in the least.

I like both of them too. I like most military films and I've always liked any movies about the Khan's.

• I like both of them too. I like most military films and I've always liked any movies about the Khan's.

In my opinion, 'The Conqueror' is a highly entertaining film, with hugh production values, a wonderful music score (by none other than Victor Young), and excellent character actors. And besides all this, the out-of-print Goodtimes DVD spots a wonderful transfer and carries the original 2.0 stereo soundtrack, which really booms out of your speakers.

I can certainly think of a dozen other Duke films that I'd pass on to watch this one.

• Just thought I'd let everybody know that Antonio Aguilar who played the Juarista Gen Rojas died the other day at the age of 88. I guess he was a popular Mariachi singer in Mexico and also appeared in over 150 films.

• Just re watched The Undefeated and it's still not among my favourite John Wayne Movies. For me this movie is just a bit too boring and I miss good action scenes. The end scene in Durango is a disappointment. Overall the story had some potential but it's wasted. The music score is quite good and nothing to complain about the cast and the photography. It's always a pleasure to see John Wayne so the movie is watchable but will never be in my top 10 list of Duke Movies.:smile:

"You're too good to give a chance to." John Wayne as Cole Thornton in El Dorado (1966)

• I've had it a good while, so I can't remember exactly what I paid, but it wasn't much. 5 to 7 dollars is a good price, so snatch one up. :teeth_smile:

I have seen this book on ebay with the seller asking 20 dollars or more also. I never waited to see if anyone paid it. I always waited until books came on that had prices more to my liking. Sometimes the wait was long, but I always got what I wanted in the long run.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "