The Man From Laramie

There is 1 reply in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,350 times. The latest Post () was by chester7777.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I really enjoy the 'psychological western' which is intended to make the viewer think a little, 'The man from Laramie' is that type of a western.

I have now watched in about five or six times and I really feel that Stewart never uncovered the man responsible for the gun running.

Arther Kennedy's character said to Dave 'alright so we have sold a few guns to the Apache'. This event would mean that it was not necessarily the same Apaches who ambused Stewarts brother and from what Srewart presented throughout the movie the Apaches received a huge assignement of guns from some source.

Secondly why did Jake Elams character attack Stewart and who killed him, this is never revealed and I am convinved Kennedy had no part in this.

Dave was going out of control and Kennedy only shot him in self defence so yet again Kennedy is not to blame.

I was left with the impression at the end of the movie that Kennedy may not have been the culprit what do the rest of you think?

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Hm-m-m-m . . . you know, Robbie, it has been a few months since we watched it. What I remember is that I thought Jimmy Stewart's character was kind of weak in some places, like when the bad guys got the drop on him and his workers, then ended up burning their wagons. But he eventually did succeed by the end of the movie.

As to your question, I honestly don't remember the details to be able to answer, but I think Dave influenced the Jack Elam character to kill Jimmy Stewart's character.

Chester :newyear: