There are 11 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,668 times. The latest Post () was by Jay J. Foraker.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• ....while searching the web. Here they are: :headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::headbonk:

http://mcel.pacificu.edu/jwasia/index.html

http://mcel.pacificu.edu/jwasia/papers/articles.html

Honestly, the things the left-wingers will do to bash John Wayne!!! They just show their own stupidity. It's tough to believe they apparently got college credit for this, some of the writing looks like it was done by a third-grader!!!!!

I wonder what you guys think???

E.J.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• Our liberal centers of learning have always tried to use anything to profess their social leanings onto others. Sometimes I think these institutions of "learning" are so isolated from the world at large that they show their ignorance in what they expouse. These movies in this group were primarily meant for entertainment and (for the ones made during WWII) to increase a sense of patriotism. For these nincompoops to try to apply psycological meaning to these films, when a lot of these people don't even know what makes themselves tick, is pure blather.
    Cheers - Jay :P^^ <_<

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Here's MY take on what these people wrote but not for all the films.

The Fighting Seabees.

After I read what Celia Roy wrote I felt she was nothing but a mindless - leftist - liberal fruitcake.

After I read Rob Wilsey's comments, I came to the conclusion that he has no concept at what war (especially WWII) was about - nor did he seem to not know much about what really happened in WWII.

They Were Expendable.

I thought that Corinna Hutchin's did as fair a job in her review as one was going to get from this bunch of people.

Celia Roy seems to think that this movie was more about Donna Reed and her character than of the war itself.

Again Rob Wilsey has little or no concept at what war is about.

Sands of Iwo jima.

I read and re-read Rob Wilsey's comments and came to the conclusion that he really does not know what Military History is about. This guy obviously has never taken the time to talk with WWII vets who were there as well as probably never heard of the word: Comradship.

Celia Roy talks more about family values in the midst of war; instead of about this fine film. At least for once, she gave what I percieve to be a more favorable review for a film with The Duke in it instead of the mindless diatribe that she did in the reviews of the first two movies.

Operation Pacific.

On reading Celia Roy's first few sentences, you can literally see the venom and hatred seeping from between her lips on this review. All she managed to do was to show her stupidity - yet once again, because it was all mindless uninteligent diatribe.

Meagan Hofmeister is a real idiot. Nothing but venom and hatred coming from her about The Duke, his character and what this movie is all about. This DUROC talked about how The Duke's character and men, did nothing more than dupe the Islanders with blackmail. I would like to ask: How the hell does someone come up with that garbage? when this was a movie that was MEANT to be nothing but a work of historical fiction. When something is fiction--that usually means that most of it if not all of it--is a made up story. Apparently this gal never read many books when she was "growing up."

I can only wonder at how Russ Meeuf could compare this movie -- set in early WWII -- with that of the Korean War? This DUROC does not make a lick of sense.

Rob Wilsey missed his big chance to make a point on this one and instead of looking at this movie as a pure work of fictional history like with what was intended -- instead he decided to "go off the deep end ~~ or for the good people in the UK ~~ around the bend" about Q-ships and war. This nutcase to me seemingy says that no such actions happened in WWII -- that is definately NOT the case. What this mental midget neeeds to do is something called: R~E~S~E~A~R~C~H!!!! The poor guy should try Gumundar (Gummi) Helgassens excellent site on Submarine warfeare--which is called: U boat.net. Maybe then that nutcase might learn something.

I skipped looking at the reviews for: The Wings of Eagles, Blood Alley, and The Barbarian and the Geisha, because I either have not seen the film ever or not in many years.

In Harms Way.

I think Andrew Taylor gave a very decent review as it was honest and not hate-filled just because it had to do with John Wayne.

Orion Blooms review tried to be as negative as an anti-war movie tries to be against war--but she failed like anti-war movies most often fail to be nothing but some of the best war movies ever made--not that I am saying her write up was good but that she almost seemed to contradict herself and in the end was not as negative as she wanted to be.

I could only come to the conclusion that Paige Tredinnick-really needs to see a brain doctor and that she is really nothing more than one confused chick.

And Russ Meeuf again is a really mixed up lad. Comparing this film with "mixed up youth" and at how it was designed nothing more than for brainwashing our youth.

I think that this time Rob Wilsey gave a nice honest review.

The Green Berets.

Rob Wilsey could not keep his answer related to this fine film often reverting to something else such as that famous picture of an ARVN officer pointing his service pistol at a Viet Congs head; and things like that. This again is what the leftist-liberals do--they cannot or will not answer a given question with an answer that is proper for said question. This guy was pretty negative in this one.

Jeeze--lo and behold--here is Celia Roy spouting off at the mouth again before trying to think out an answer. Like the typical leftist-liberal, she avoids trying to give an answer which is protaining to the subject at hane by talking about somehting else and almost totally un-related to the film--which was: how women, and particularly how Asian women were treated.

Oh and here is Paige Tredinnick again with comments filled with nothing but venom and hatred "Wayne was a political pawn."

My closing statement is that I fully believe that these people need to get out of California and come here to Texas for a few years so that they can get some help on straightning out their thoughts and a </span></span></span> ((

I hope you ladies and gents will forgive me for my long post and if I seemed to be filled with nothing but venom and hatred--for mindless leftist liberals. :D

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Originally posted by The Ringo Kid@Feb 1 2006, 05:28 PM
    My closing statement is that I fully believe that these people need to get out of California and come here to Texas for a few years so that they can get some help on straightning out their thoughts and a </span></span></span> ((

I hope you ladies and gents will forgive me for my long post and if I seemed to be filled with nothing but venom and hatred--for mindless leftist liberals. :D

[snapback]26336[/snapback]

Ringo,

Your post was indeed long, but well thought-out. Thank you for taking the time to respond so specifically to each movie.

As Californians, we would dearly love to ship all those liberals to Texas for some "adjusting" :headbonk: .

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Hi Chester & the Mrs, sorry about making a comment about Californians, I meant only the loony ones were fruits. A good friend of mine who lives in that pretty state--near one of the beaches) reminds me from time to time to not put my foot into my mouth --about Calif. Thank you for the nice comments on my take on each of their reviews opf The Duke's great movies.

OW, that least one hurt! :D But please do ship the liberals here--we Texans know how to "persuade" them to change their way's of thinking. :headbonk::D

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• You know where they can ship them??

Iraq or Iran. They seem to know how to fix the problems over there and what better way to make useful comments, if they are actually there to see it. Heck, we might even "misplace" a few :P;) :lol: Sorry, as Larry, the Cable Guy says, "Lord, I apologize"!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Just glancing at that filth of what those "freshmen" and "sophmores" wrote made me very angered,disgusted and SICKENED. :headbonk::headbonk:

-IHW

• You know where they can ship them??
    Iraq or Iran. They seem to know how to fix the problems over there and what better way to make useful comments, if they are actually there to see it. Heck, we might even "misplace" a few :P ;) :lol: Sorry, as Larry, the Cable Guy says, "Lord, I apologize"!!!

Bringing this back from antiquity - I agree sending these boobs to Iraq or Iran would completely change their viewpoints. They have no idea what goes on in the real world!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"