Harry Carey Jr Website

There are 7 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,510 times. The latest Post () was by kilo 6.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• http://www.harrycareyjr.com/

I went the above website and was delighted to see the information here on one of the John Ford company regulars, Harry Carey Jr.

In fact, last year I e-mailed the address given and received back a nice reply from Mrs. Carey.

Check it out...

GSP

"...all of this and General Price that baby sister makes it back to Yell county" --Rooster Cogburn, True Grit.

• That's good information, General Sterling Price.
    Harry Carey jr. is indeed a fine gentleman, taking the time to answer his fans directly. For those who are thinking about buying his book "Company of Heroes" which is on his homepage: buy it! It's one of the best books on Ford & Wayne out there, and Carey is actually the first one to print the Duke's speaking patterns. It's a lot of fun reading, and I wonder when Carey is writing his next book - he once said he would but that's about 8 years back. Or is it out yet?

• Oh no, I just like reading books that provide insight. Like I just finished reading a couple of Tim Lilley's "Campfire" books, with interviews with JW's co-workers. Every time you thought you'd know everything about the man, there's something new to learn. You guys out there who know Tim Lilley's work know what I mean. Anyway, why I enjoyed reading Carey's book "Company of Heroes" so much is because he caught the Duke's talking so good. I don't have the book here to quote (ok, you got me, I'm visiting this board at work!) but to give you a general idea: Harry wrote the speeches down like he heard them, slang, typical JW pauses, and all that. "Y'know.... when you've actually... read that book... you'll know a lot more about JW."

• Thanks for the info on Carey's site. It is really good, lots of info. His book does sound like a good read for the Duke fan, I'm going to try and pick it up.

• when you stop and look at it..John Wayne is this countrys Hero..Ben Johnson and Harry Carry Jr. stand right along side.

Brian
    Tulalip Wa

• Hello All
    Thanks for this topic General The still pictures were good to see and the book sounds like a good read. I read that John Ford wasn't always easy on Dobe (Harry C Jr) and some attribute this to trying to achieve a look or emotion in the actor he was directing. The views of Mr Carey might shed light on that.

Greetings from North of the 49th