Imdb's News Link

There are 5 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,732 times. The latest Post () was by Jay J. Foraker.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I'm not exactly certain how I got HERE, as I was all over IMDb trying to find out how Duke's movies rank (are there any in the top 250??), and in the course of my wandering, came upon this page, which lists (admittedly old) news stories that make mention of JW. Some interesting reading, some of which I had not read before. I hope you enjoy this little snippet of our beloved Duke in the news, thanks to IMDb.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Hello All
    Thanks for the link Mrs C it made for good reading. I have read about Baby face but have not seen it. murray

Greetings from North of the 49th

Originally posted by chester7777@Mar 29 2006, 10:50 AM
    I'm not exactly certain how I got HERE, as I was all over IMDb trying to find out how Duke's movies rank (are there any in the top 250??), and in the course of my wandering, came upon this page, which lists (admittedly old) news stories that make mention of JW. Some interesting reading, some of which I had not read before. I hope you enjoy this little snippet of our beloved Duke in the news, thanks to IMDb.

[snapback]29879[/snapback]

The only two Duke movies currently in the IMDb Top 250 are The Searchers and The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance; though Stagecoach, Red River, Rio Bravo, and The Quiet Man were all there last year. You may also want to check out THIS IMDb link, which shows the ratings of only Western titles.

E.J.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• E.J.

Thanks for naming the JW films currently in the top 250, I must confess I just didn't have the time to read through the whole list. How did you know about the other 4 titles? Is it something you just remembered, or have you been keeping track of these things? How far below 250 are those titles that were previously in the list?

Regarding the top 50 Westerns, it was nice to see 8 of the top 50 were JW titles :D ! Closer to the top would have been better, but there at all is good. I'd never heard of A Fistful of Dynamite or My Name is Nobody (in the list under their Italian names). I've never heard of any of the worst ones :dead: !

• As I recall, "A Fistful of Dynamite" was originally released as "Duck, You Sucker." I remember seeing this with the original title on the big screen on its first theatrical run.
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"