Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,379,457 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Its about The American Revolution War, So maybe You Britts want to Skip This One, After all This Is The 4 Of July and This is About Us Yanks !!!

:teeth_smile:
    Chilibill

:cowboy:

yeah ok Bill point taken.
    im English not British by the way :wink_smile:

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• Its about The American Revolution War, So maybe You Britts want to Skip This One, After all This Is The 4 Of July and This is About Us Yanks !!!
    Chilibill

What Chilibill says is the truth. in a few hours my 4th of July spectacular will begin

Quote:
    Originally Posted by luckynedpepper
    yeah ok Bill point taken.
    im English not British by the way :wink_smile:

Over here at least where I am, Brits and English are the same thing, irregardless of how pathetically incorrect that is.

• im English and i fly my St Georges flag on St Georges Day even though places like councils and the Post Office ban their workers for doing so in case it offends the foreigners/immigrants.
    this is England not bloody Iran or anywhere else and if they dont like it they ought to clear off back to where they came from

• I am Sorry About That, But After W.W.2 when I was in the U.K. that is What The People There Called Themselfs and They Called Us Yanks, So I guess I am A Yank !

Chilibill

yes you are a Yank Bill :thumbs_up:

• im English and i fly my St Georges flag on St Georges Day even though places like councils and the Post Office ban their workers for doing so in case it offends the foreigners/immigrants.
    this is England not bloody Iran or anywhere else and if they dont like it they ought to clear off back to where they came from

Good on you, Lucky Ned.

You sound like an Englishman I could get to like because your attitude toward your country and my attitude toward mine are identical.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Good on you, Lucky Ned.

You sound like an Englishman I could get to like because your attitude toward your country and my attitude toward mine are identical.

thanks Stumpy
    i love England and i love The Queen as well and i dont care who knows it or what they think!!

Chilibill

its gone midnight now Bill so its the 5th of July over here now :teeth_smile:

• Lucky Ned,
    "The Patriot" is a thinly-disguised account of the cat-and-mouse game between this officer of King George's Army and an American revolutionary named Francis Marion (also called the Swamp Fox because of his guerilla tactics). Mel Gibson plays the part of the Swamp Fox. Can't remember who played the English cavalryman.

In the movie (and in real life according to what I've read), the redcoats led by Tarleton were extremely brutal in their treatment of not only colonial American soldiers but civilians as well in South Carolina, thus arousing a hatred among the colonials toward anything English. In the movie, both sides commit bloody atrocities but I personally wouldn't characterize the film as anti-English per se. You should watch it as it's a very good movie, I think.

• Which brings to mind a thought that has puzzled, and bothered me, for many a year. It seems to me that gifted talents like Fred, Gene Kelly, Cyd Charise, Ann Miller, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and scores of other creative individuals such as that hardly exist anymore. Even the great movie stars have all died out.

And has anyone else noticed that there are very, very few truly handsome or beautiful people anymore but multitudes of ugly ones. It's like the whole damned world has become extremely coarse over the past 50 or 60 years. Pretty depressing, I think.

A few days ago I made the remark (see above) that IMO, there are very few people nowadays, in any field of endeavor, who are as talented or as good looking as those we had in the past. IMO, we truly live in an age of coarseness and mediocrity.

Apparently I'm not the only person who thinks our pool of talented people is rapidly disappearing.

• Watched Angel and the Badman starring old what's his name...

Oh, yeah, old what's his name - I know who you mean . . .

Bruce Cabot, right?

No? Oh, then Hank Worden . . .

Not him, huh? You must mean Bill Brooks (aka Chili Bill).

What? NOT him? Oh . . . then you must mean, uh, it's on the tip of my tongue . . . you know, real tall . . . uh . . . John Wayne?

Yeah . . . we watched that movie tonight ourselves.

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1: