Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,372,027 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Did you recently watch this? Over here, it is still available only for pre-order, not available until June 12 (at least on Amazon).

Nope, over here UK, was released last week.

Sometimes it seems we get things over here first, that's a first!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Wow The Ringo Kid you're racking up the war classics!

Finished watching Ace in the Hole, one of Billy Wilder's best in my opinion and often overlooked.

• The Barbarian & the GeishaJohn Wayne goes to Japan. I must admit, I liked this movie. Not a top pick of a Duke moive, but it was good. I enjoyed the history aspect of this and the cultural aspect as well. Just a movie that was entertaining, and watched it on Blu-ray. By the way, the picture and sound quality were excellent. Fox did a great job restoring this movie. Very enjoyable.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• The Barbarian & the GeishaJohn Wayne. By the way, the picture and sound quality were excellent. Fox did a great job restoring this movie. Very enjoyable.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

That's good to hear.
    Have yet to watch my copy of the Barbarian and the Geisha but The Big Trail was superb so I'm looking forward to it.

• Wow The Ringo Kid you're racking up the war classics!

Finished watching Ace in the Hole, one of Billy Wilder's best in my opinion and often overlooked.

Thank you, and watched more today. Pride of the Marines--which I thought I would hate since I dont card much for Chad Everett-but it was ok. Then, Bataan, and i already forgot what else since I didnt catch it from the beginning. Ill never watch Apocalypse Now--ever again and skipped it this tome round too.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• The last non-Western we watched was John Ford–Dreaming the Quiet Man Documentary (Midwest Premiere! Saturday, May 26th, at the Iowa Theatre in Winterset).

From the Birthday Celebration site - Director and producer Sé Merry Doyle of Loopline Film is proud to present the Midwest Premiere of this new documentary that delves into the story of the making of the film and features contributions from well-known commentators like Maureen O’ Hara and filmmakers including Peter Bogdanovich, Martin Scorsese and Jim Sheridan. You’ll be transfixed by the astounding archive of treasured memories and rare photographs, and get a real feel for just what it took to get this cinematic masterpiece made. This premiere showing will include a special introduction by Maureen O’Hara and interview with Aissa Wayne recorded in Ireland last fall.

We enjoyed this documentary VERY much, and understand there is a possibility it might be available for purchase at some point. I highly recommend it!

This picture was taken after the showing, outside the theater -

(Aissa, Jennifer, and a member of the board of directors of the JW Birthplace)

• As far as movies, Dark Shadows-I kinda liked it, Journey 2: Mysterious Island-strctly for kids, I much prefer the Harryhausen 1961 version; The Dictator-barely tolerable; and finally, Badass-a "70s grindhouse" -type "Death Wish/Charles Bronson" film with Danny Trejo as a senior citizen avenger.