Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,431,529 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Was that the Blu ray double bill by any chance?

No Sir--I saw them on TCM ;-)) By the way, a good friend of mine from London--bought and sent to me-and just arrived this morning--my first collectable photo from Where Eagles Dare. It shows Richard Burton with Ingrid Pitt on his lap in that (Soldatenheim) and is the actual photo that The Chicago Tribune used when they first advertised that movie-also has a pasted copy of the ad as looked in the paper--pasted to the back side. My friend gave it to me as a Birthday gift ;-))

I saw more war movies late yesterday and earlier today but cant recall the titles because my mind is on a very ill vet/friend who just got released from Audie Murphy in San Antonio--and aint looking too good. :(

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• No Sir--I saw them on TCM ;-)) By the way, a good friend of mine from London--bought and sent to me-and just arrived this morning--my first collectable photo from Where Eagles Dare. It shows Richard Burton with Ingrid Pitt on his lap in that (Soldatenheim) and is the actual photo that The Chicago Tribune used when they first advertised that movie-also has a pasted copy of the ad as looked in the paper--pasted to the back side. My friend gave it to me as a Birthday gift ;-))

I saw more war movies late yesterday and earlier today but cant recall the titles because my mind is on a very ill vet/friend who just got released from Audie Murphy in San Antonio--and aint looking too good. :(

That's interesting as they paired those 2 films together on Blu ray.

I had the pleasure of meeting Ingrid Pitt some time ago in the UK and got a photo with her and autograph.

Best wishes to you and to your friend in these times.

Peter (Dooley)

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Red Tails A very good movie. Like it a lot, and highly recommend it to all. It is very good and educational. Just really great.

I guess for the record, what out for the language. I didn't seem to pick up on it, but I am sure that it was there.

Just amazed with the dogfighting (for Carl).

And the way they were treated, which I knew was there. Let's face it the 1940's were not the best for blacks, and it was brutal in the south. But the respect factor comes around in this movie.

Not to give too much away, the story takes place in Italy; I thought it was starting in Alabama for the training, didn't go there. Enjoyed very much on Blu-ray.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hi Peter adn thank you. I dont collect blue ray as I cant afford to replace my DvD collection. Im about to buy some more Werner Archive Collection movies soon as June hits ;-))

Ill bet she was a pleasure to meet. Ive seen her in maybe 2-3 movies but my favorite by far is Where Eagles Dare. The friend that got it for me posted the photo on another site and soon as I get there--ill copy it and place it here in a thread of its own. It really is a great shot of the two.

Thank you on the well wishes--ill gladly pass them on ;-))

• Didnt this have Michael York in it? Its been decades since I watche3d it. I watched it because of Farrah Fawcett being in it.

Yes Carl, Michael York was Logan. But also had Peter Ustinov as the Old Man. And Jenny Agutter as Jessica, the woman who ran with Logan. The movie was not a good movie, but one that the Liberals yern for. The type that they worship: Sex, Drugs, and Rock-n-Roll. This movie is their stepping stone to paradise. Unfortuniately, most of those people are over 30, and would be terminated. Now, what to do. :wink_smile:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Just found out from Joe Zuke, President of the Birthplace board, that there is a good chance this documentary will be available as early as the end of June.

Chester :newyear:

• Yes Carl, Michael York was Logan. But also had Peter Ustinov as the Old Man. And Jenny Agutter as Jessica, the woman who ran with Logan. The movie was not a good movie, but one that the Liberals yern for. The type that they worship: Sex, Drugs, and Rock-n-Roll. This movie is their stepping stone to paradise. Unfortuniately, most of those people are over 30, and would be terminated. Now, what to do. :wink_smile:

Sometimes I wish that movie were based on real events :lol:lol::lol: