Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,632,154 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Today, took our 3 grandsons to see Madagascar 3 and it was quite good and quite humorous. Even my wife and I enjoyed it, though I wish we would've seen the 3D version. Some parts in the movie would've looked stunning in 3D. The boys also liked cause they were glued to the screen throughout the whole movie.

• Act of Valor What a movie. It touched me in ways that makes me proud of my country like I never have before. Just loved it a lot. Wish everyone would see this movie. It is very touching and an eye opener. Highly recommend it to everyone over 13. We need this to encourage us in this time of trouble.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hondo, I'm glad that you posted your opinion about "Act of Valor". I have read some reviews and was considering buying it and now I will.
    Just finished watching "Cleopatra" on Blu Ray. Hadn't seen it in years and it was a bit tedious in the second half and I now realize that Burton plays a drunken wimp. The production values are flawless, but it's way too long and the soundtrack sounds like composer Alex North used rejects from "Spartacus".
    I may want to add this to movies you sleep through.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Hondo, I'm glad that you posted your opinion about "Act of Valor". I have read some reviews and was considering buying it and now I will.
    Just finished watching "Cleopatra" on Blu Ray. Hadn't seen it in years and it was a bit tedious in the second half and I now realize that Burton plays a drunken wimp. The production values are flawless, but it's way too long and the soundtrack sounds like composer Alex North used rejects from "Spartacus".
    I may want to add this to movies you sleep through.

We deal in lead, friend.

Totally agree on cleopatra, I've got it on Blu ray but still haven't watched it as I know it's an 'effort' to sit through the whole thing!

Watched another earth, nice little indie film, has a sci fi element to the story but is actually about human relationships.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• The Quiet Man. You can never get too tired of watching this gem.

Some great lines are in this movie, one being from Barry,

"What is this, a courtin' or a donnybrook? Have the good manners not to hit the man until he's your husband, and entitled to hit you back!"

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• The Parent Trap (1961) Never get tired of this one with Haley Mills, Maureen O'Hara and Brain Keith. Just love that movie. It is a classic.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Safe House. Lots of action, not a bad movie. I've always liked Denzel Washington, I think he's getting better with age.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "