Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,430,079 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Scaramouche

Fine old movie! I always liked Stewart Granger. He is one of my favourite actors...

I watched the 4th of July episode of Magnum for the 4th of July and enjoyed it!

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• Took my grandson to see the new "Spiderman" movie in 3D. It was too long but the 3D effects were just amazing. Special effects have come a long way since Ray Harryhausen.

We deal in lead, friend.

• A Thousand Words with Eddie Murphy. It wasn't that bad. It wasn't that good, but it had a good life story to it. And a little comedy. Love Eddie's facial expressions.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• "The Artist" and I refuse to believe that this was the best picture for last year or, for that matter, any other year.

Are you saying it was not a good movie? I have been debating on buying it, but now it seems to trun the debate into if I want to see it or not, period.

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Are you saying it was not a good movie? I have been debating on buying it, but now it seems to trun the debate into if I want to see it or not, period.

Hi Hondo,
    It's a real love/hate scenario with The Artist.
    I'm a huge movie geek and watch lots of silent cinema and read many books on the history of the film industry so guess I'm biased.
    I loved it for its portrayal of what happened to so many silent movie stars. I think this is also why the academy loved it so much. It's a film about film and the history of film.
    It's beautifully shot and very well put together.
    As I said, I know as many people who loved it as didn't like it at all!
    Hondo, if you get it and hate it I'll buy your copy, as long as its Blu ray! :wink_smile:

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• The Sea Wolves - The last Charge of the Calcutta Light Horse. A thrilling war/spy movie for a lazy Sunday afternoon! Gregory Peck and David Niven did a great job!!!

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• Let me try to clarify my opinion about "The Artist". It was technically brilliant but it was a rehash of the old "A Star is Born" plot. There's a fresh faced up and comer and a major star in decline.
    It was executed quite well and was worth a look. I'm not sure I want to see it again, but I'm glad I saw it.
    Now that you're thoroughly confused, I don't think it merited best picture of the year.
    I think Dooley was on the money about either loving it or hating it, but I'm in the middle.
    There. How's that for indecision?

We deal in lead, friend.

• Gorch,
    Pure genius! Better get watching some silent cinema to really set you off!:wink_smile:

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"