Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,632,754 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Her is our thread relating to this film:
    Classic War Movies- Sahara

I reread some fo the stuff in that thread and noticed that one of their so-called "Goofs" is not really a goof. This is to do with the German helmets worn in the movie as well as were used in many war movies before the end of WWII being WWI German lids--true to an extent but--in Sahara--you can clearly see that many if not all of the German lids--were TRANSITIONAL lids and those still had gas mask lugs on their sides.

Just thought I would point that out ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• The Longships w/ Richard Widmark, Russ Tamblyn and Sidney Poitier. Loved the movie from the first viewing.

A nice combat scene:

About to ride the Mare of Steel.

• Breakthrough wJohn Agar, David Brian, Frank Lovejoy and Paul Picerni. A VERY well made movie with a great cast and all around--this movie might be considered lesser status than a mega-blockbuster-but--THESE folks who made this movie didnt have much help with all that that goes on in todays so-call movie-making business.

A poster:

Agar being chewed out by his Captain David Brian:

A German Sniper in "Hedgerow Country:"

On board a troopship heading for Normandy Beach:

On board an LCI heading for Omaha Beach:

Great shot of David Brian:

Great shot of John Agar as the Lieutenant:

Great shot of the Lieutenant and his Sergeant: Frank Lovejoy:

Found some other images but pix are too small.

• Act of Valor.
    I was expecting much, much more from this.
    They have tried to dramatise real-life, hugely powerful scenarios only to reduce them to Michael Bay, gung ho antics. The action sequence are fantastic but I was left feeling that, ironically, the film makers had demeaned the very people and exploits they were trying to applaud.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• "The Ides of March" with George Clooney about a Democratic primary race that becomes corrupt. Fun to hear Clooney, as a candidate, spout Democratic talking points as his character's platform. Surprisingly, for George, both campaigns and the press are corrupt.

We deal in lead, friend.

• "Behind Enemy Lines". Exciting war story starring Gene Hackman and Owen Wilson. Also has some great music.

Apparently based partly on a true story.

De gustibus non est disputandum