Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,385,926 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• watched seabiscuit was a good movie but some of it not for younger children not like the orginal one now that was a good family movie.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• On Sunday, started watching season 4 of: The Andy Griffith Show. On Saturday, I started watching the first two installments of the great Maxi-series that came out in 1983 called: The Winds of War w/ Robert Mitchum. Looking forward to the day that I can afford to let loose some funds-to buy the 12 part sequal to "Winds" called: War and Remembrance.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• am going to collect my order of The Anzacs tomorrow then i will sit down and watch it, just finished watching "Band of Brothers"

cheers smokey

• am going to collect my order of The Anzacs tomorrow then i will sit down and watch it, just finished watching "Band of Brothers"

cheers smokey

Smokey, please let me know what you think of The Anzacs. Im interested to know on this one. The only movie I have ever seen featuring the Anzacs, was the Paul Hogan movie: Anzacs: The War Down Under - which I thought was excellent. :wink_smile: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

• ACE IN A HOLE (the big carnival)1951
    kirk douglas plays a cynical reporter who use's a man trapped in a ancient indian ruin for his own benefit. very well acted.kirk at his best.:thumbs_up:

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• "Lord of the Rings/The Return of the King" - I can't imagine how Peter Jackson managed to keep all the elements intact on the whole trilogy. And this took over two years to make. This is magnificent escapist material!
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• "Lord of the Rings/The Return of the King" - I can't imagine how Peter Jackson managed to keep all the elements intact on the whole trilogy. And this took over two years to make. This is magnificent escapist material!

You are correct on that Jay. It is a magnificent trilogy and he should have gotten a 3 Oscars instead of the one.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• "The Phantom of the Opera" - the musical remake. Lots of ambience the the theater sets, but less so in other areas. I'm not a fan of Andrew Lloyd Webber's music which strikes me as so much pablum! The original silent flim has this beat by leaps and bounds. Off the top of my head (correct me if I'm wrong), Jeannette McDonald and Nelson Eddy did a remake which was pretty good as well.

"Not hardly!!!"

• sticking with a christmas theme we watched "deck the halls" last night very funny family movie. the little bloke liked the ending when they could see the house from space

cheers smokey

• the prince and me, saw it on telly last night quite a good family movie but if you have pre teen boys they will hate the kissing scenes in it as my one did

cheers smokey

• Ratatouille is a fun family movie. I think you will enjoy this movie with your children or grandchildren. I'd rate it as a 7 out of 10.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• The Satan Bug and Buster a film about 1963 Great Train robbery. Both good films.

Satan Bug could be great remake in the right hands.

Mike

The satan Bug, sounds like a movie that had Richard Basehart in it. IF so, then it MUST be a good movie.

Yesterday I saw Bataan/Back To Bataan, and part 5 of The Winds of War mini-series.:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

• We watched a movie the other day that we really didn't like, The Penny Promise. Most of it was really annoying, like watching I Love Lucy over and over and seeing the stupidity approaching at lightning speed (you know, when you're watching and you're saying, "NO! Don't do it!!" and she does "it" anyway, with annoyingly predictable results). The last twenty minutes were decent, but didn't make up for the rest of the movie.

On a brighter note, we also watched Ratatouille on DVD, having seen and enjoyed it at the theater.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• my favorite wife
    gary grant,irene dunne & randoph scott
    very funny comedy. gary gets remarried when he thinks his first wife is lost at sea.only to fine out she was on a deserted island with scott.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''