Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,376,750 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Statring disc 3 of: The Fall Guy. Ha ha, so far there have been two referances to John Wayne. One of hem was from the episode where they were in Hawaii and were on a case against the Yakuza. After Colt had beat the local head of the Yakuza at a sword fight, the Japanese guy said that since he lost the fight, that he was going to be punished by the upper chain of command. Colt said something like: "I hope it's not too harsh?" and the Yakuza guy said something and made a referance to JohnWayne and Colt said that he was a great and honorable man.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• chester you naughty boy watching bird on the shoulder movies, where they really good have never heard of those two.
    watched something on telly last night but for now the name escapes me it was a good movie though and funny in places.
    cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• . . . where they really good have never heard of those two.

Actually, they were pretty entertaining, with interesting plots. Quite a few similarities, since they were a popular genre for awhile - some sort of romantic/conflict-ridden relationship between the film's lovely and the main pirate, always the obligatory jumping of pirates from one ship to another to fight each other, cannons, masts falling; there often seems to be some sort of betrayal as part of the plot as well.

I commented on Buccaneer's Girl in the thread about Yvonne deCarlo quite some time back. She was very lovely and sang very well, which played into the story line to some degree. The only other things I had ever seen her in before were The Munsters (as Lily Munster) and McLintock!

We started watching the pirate movies after the Mrs. read Maureen O'Hara's autobiography, in which she talked about some of the pirate movies she starred in.

Chester :newyear:

• Still watching season 1 of: The Fall Guy. More honorable mentions of Duke are in it ;-))

If The Fall Guy has a lot of mentions of Duke, maybe i should look into buying the series.

The last non-western I watched was War. Jet-Li and Jason Stratham (SP)?. Nuff said!

Stay thirsty my friends.

• "Midway" with Charlton Heston, Henry Fonda, Glenn Ford, Robert Mitchum and a host of character actors. Could have done without the soap-operaish subplot about Heston's character and and his son (played by Edward Albert), but otherwise a fair doucudrama.
    I originally saw this at the theater when it came out with the "Sensurround" - shook my bones up (and they were a lot younger then).
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• watched bell, book and candle with jimmy steward then watched enemy below with robbert mitchman (hope its spelt right) both very nice movies, got today in my collection of john wayne movies seven sinners will get round to watching it sometime this weekend

cheers smokey

• Death Wish 3 on AMC which you can imagine with a lot of editiing in this movie due to the extreme violence, foul language, ect. Charles Bronson is a favorite of mine, and I liked him in the first Death Wish movie. I haven't seen the others, so I had the opportunity and watched it. I think I will try to see this without all the editing. It is a fair movie though.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I too like and watched Charles Buchinski in Death Wish III last night. Charlie is also one of my favorites. According to leonard maltin-the film critic, he calls all of the Death Wish movies "bombs" I saw DW 2-3&4 at the theaters when released and all seats were filled each time. After DW, I switched channels to TCM and cought a nice James Cagney movie he did for Vitaphone. James Cagney did only two movies for that studio and was doing these during one of his famous salary fights with Warner Bros. I don't blame him for wanting more money-as he was worth that and more IMO.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• watched season1 part 1 of little house on the par (cant remember how to spell the last word) was great fun even the little bloke watched it with me.

cheers smokey

• Away From Her. A movie from the sundance film festival. Good acting, but I didn't like the movie. Very artsy. Just not my type of movie.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote