Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,396,199 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• "Above Us the Waves" from the John Mills Collection vol II. Not a bad war film, although it would have benefitted from a better budget. James Robertson Justice had a memorable cameo as an admiral.

• Since Peter Falk recently passed and it's been awhile, I've been watching
    episodes of "Columbo". I have the first seven seasons on DVD.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Hi Keith, im about to go look at them now. They are posted in an ebay store and the sellers names are Ron and Margaret Borst from California. Ill be back and let you know what they have and what im getting ;-))

Ron Borst is a major collector of movie memorabilia. He's done an incredible book on horror movie posters and lobby cards and a nice guy.

• Ron Borst is a major collector of movie memorabilia. He's done an incredible book on horror movie posters and lobby cards and a nice guy.

I wasnt sure how well known he was? but, they both have been great to me allowing me to make payments when getting stuff too much to afford one single payment on.

I just recently bought complete lobby cards sets from them of movies: Pork Chop Hill, War and Peace and The Longships as well as some lobby card-sized stills from Pork Chop Hill. All these cost me about $120 including postage.-which is a LOT cheaper than most sellers have their stuff for. I regularly see single lobby cards from these titles going from about $10-to-$30 each.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I have watched Unknown, and Just Go with It. Enjoyable movies in their own way.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• "X The Unknown" (1956)
    -Dean Jagger

Plot: IMDB

British Army radiation drills at a remote Scottish base attract a subterranean, radioactive entity of unknown nature that vanishes, leaving two severely radiation-burned soldiers... and a "bottomless" crack in the earth. Others who meet the thing in the night suffer likewise, and with increasing severity; it seems to be able to "absorb" radiation from any source, growing bigger and bigger. What is it?? How do you destroy a thing that "feeds" on energy?

Phantom's Review: Produced by Hammer Films in the late 50's. this is an entertaining little Sci-Fi thriller. Well acted and written (by Jimmy Sangster) The monster is a little reminiscent of "The Blob" but that's okay it doesn't take away from the film. Nothing classic, just a solid well made movie.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• "Passengers" (2008)
    -Anne Hathaway

Plot: IMDB

After a plane crash, a young therapist, Claire, is assigned by her mentor to counsel the flight's five survivors. When they share their recollections of the incident -- which some say include an explosion that the airline claims never happened -- Claire is intrigued by Eric, the most secretive of the passengers. Just as Claire's professional relationship with Eric -- despite her better judgment -- blossoms into a romance, the survivors begin to disappear mysteriously, one by one. Claire suspects that Eric may hold all the answers and becomes determined to uncover the truth, no matter the consequences.

Phantom's Review: Well acted, but slow moving mystery thriller with a slight supernatural twist. Nothing really original about it, in fact my wife and I figured out "the twist" about half way thru the movie. Not bad, just not all that interesting.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town