Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,374,071 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Captain America - The First Avenger

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• "Life on Mars"

A present-day car accident mysteriously sends a detective back to the 1970s. An American remake of the BBC series.
    Not to bad, IMDB has a 7.2 rating for it.

Chester :newyear:

I really liked that series, Jim. I was ticked that they didn't renew it for a second season. I thought they did a great job wrapping up the story line when they knew it wasn't getting renewed.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim. I think he made the best Scrooge out of all of the others that I have seen.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hell To Eternity, 300 Spartans, and a few others. Im in a War Movies mood. Oh and just saw: Invasion USA last night. Not the Chuck Norris version but the one with both "Lois Lanes in it "Noel Neill &&?" Peggy Castle, Edward G. Robinson Jr, and also William Schallert as well as Dan O' Herlihy. Not bad for a 1950s Commie "Scare" movie. Also, some of the extras were pretty good too including a nice list off the 100 best Nuclear type movies picked by some group of folks, as well as some sort of Defense Dept 25 or so minute long deal that was made with Jack Webb, Peter Brown, Robert Conrad and a couple other familiar faces--in which is supposed to spur people on about doing their part for our Country before its too late--ala--being invaded by the Russians--or nor--the Chinese--kinda thing.

PS: Darby's Rangers is in Queue for this evenings entertainment, then The Canterville Ghost soon as it arrives.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Slight correction there-altho Peggy Castle was gorgeous, Phyllis Coates was the other 50s Lois Lane-easy mistake to make!

As for me, I watched Rampart-a strange Woody Harrollson(sp?) police drama; and Ides of March with George Clooney-good but not a "feel good" flick by any means.

• Slight correction there-altho Peggy Castle was gorgeous, Phyllis Coates was the other 50s Lois Lane-easy mistake to make!

As for me, I watched Rampart-a strange Woody Harrollson(sp?) police drama; and Ides of March with George Clooney-good but not a "feel good" flick by any means.

Hi Alamo, thanks for her name i couldnt think of it. No I had not misplaced her (Castle) as the other Lois Lane,) I was just mentioning that Peggy Castle was also in the movie. BTW, Coates refused to participate in being interviewed in the special features because of alligations dating back into the 1950s--of their being drugs on the set of Superman. Thank you for Coates name though ;-))

• Forgot to mention, watched: Darby's Rangers last night. It stars: James Garner as Col. William Orlando Darby, Peter Brown, Jack Warden (as his Sergeant/Aide de Camp) Stuart Whitman as a Ranger Sergeant, and Torin Thatcher as a British Commando Sergeant Drill Instructor. Very well made movie all around.