Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,400,004 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Chester. So you didn't make it through "Independence Day" and "30 Rock". I thought this thread was dedicated to non westerns that you watched!!!

It's hell to be old, isn't it?

We deal in lead, friend.

• No no no no no no no no no no no no no no--I watched Dr. No--this afternoon and Ursula Andress sure was very easy on the eyes (SIGH)

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• The MGMHD channel had a WWII double feature last night: widescreen, 1080i versions of "The Devil's Brigade" and "The Bridge at Remagen".
    Since my wife is out of town, I popped some corn, poured a few cold ones, and turned up the sound.
    How's that for living life, Carl?

We deal in lead, friend.

• Sounds like an excellent evening Carl!

Finally sitting down to watch Barbarian and the Geisha on Blu ray.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Hi Chester. So you didn't make it through "Independence Day" and "30 Rock". I thought this thread was dedicated to non westerns that you watched!!!
    It's hell to be old, isn't it?

And, tired! :wink_smile:

At least I made the attempt. Maybe we should start a thread for movies that put us to sleep.

Chester :newyear:

• The Wild One with Marlon Brando and Mary Murphy. Didn't care that much with the movie and really didn't like Brando's acting, but I can see how this movie is a big classic. I did like Murphy. She was good to me. Didn't realize it was released in 1953. I though it was more like 1959.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hi B, couldnt get better with the exception of winning a lottery-and or getting a new member of the family added ;-))

Both are great movies and speaking of The Devils Brigade--one of it's cast members passed away today at 79 from Cancer. He was: Richard Dawson (aka) Corporal Peter Newkirk on: Hogan's Heroes. Only Cpl. LeBeau is left.

• Sounds like an excellent evening Carl!

Finally sitting down to watch Barbarian and the Geisha on Blu ray.

Mr. B is watching but, ive seen them both numerous times and love both movies. :-))

Today I watched: Dunkirk w/ Sir John Mills, Lord Richard Attenborough, Bernard Lee and Lional ???????

My favorite line from the movie: "Look out--Stukas."

• The Barbarian and the Geisha on Blu ray.:wink_smile:
    Stunning transfer, beautiful scenery and score.
    Film is slower than I remember but still enjoyable.

• This Means War with Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine. A fun movie that has it moments. Not a keeper, and not for the young (kids that is).

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Men in Black 3-ok;
    Safe-surprisingly good actioner;
    Merrill's Marauders-catching up on some recorded stuff-very good war film with some nice supporting parts for stuntmen Chuck Hicks, Chuck Hayward, and Chuck Roberson.

• Hell To Eternity--again for the 3rd time in about 2 weeks. I was bored and wanted to see a great War Movie and it was sitting on the table within reach. :-)))))

• Prometheus in 3D at the IMAX, bank holiday treat!
    Visually stunning: frustatingly doesn't really answer any questions and doesn't live up to its potential.