Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,429,996 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Paths of Glory w/ Kirk Douglas, George Macready, Adolphe Menjou, Richard Anderson, Wayne Morris, Fred Bell, Timothy Carey, Ralph Meeker, Bert Freed, Joseph Turkel and Christine Kubrick.

Love this movie. Kirk Douglas and all were fantastic. Strangely enough, the first time I saw this movie--I hated it.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Paths of Glory w/ Kirk Douglas, George Macready, Adolphe Menjou, Richard Anderson, Wayne Morris, Fred Bell, Timothy Carey, Ralph Meeker, Bert Freed, Joseph Turkel and Christine Kubrick.

Love this movie. Kirk Douglas and all were fantastic. Strangely enough, the first time I saw this movie--I hated it.

Genius Kubrick. Actually gets better everytime I watch it.
    The sentiment is as current today as it was when the film was first released.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• A friend (whom I'm beginning to suspect has far better taste in companions than he has for movies) coerced me into watching some inane drivel titled "The Immortals".
    I have never suffered through such an incomprehensible, incoherent, and just plain unwatchable pretentious waste of celluloid. It looked like it was (badly) filmed in a sewer and was written by a batch of cretins on peyote.
    It was appalling!
    Avoid it at all costs unless you yourself are immortal and can afford to jettison two hours of your life.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Gorch, that made me roar.
    One of the funniest and most venomous descriptions of a film posted I've ever read on here. Think you better watch Paths of Glory, or a Duke classic, to redress the balance! ;)

• well when i went and got the car serviced mum and i went to the local shopping centre was looking in a little dvd shop when mum came up to me with a dvd one that i have been looking for, for years does anyone want to guess what it was ...............................................................................................................
    no takers well it was the quite man what a find watched it and loved seeing it again thanks mum

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• well when i went and got the car serviced mum and i went to the local shopping centre was looking in a little dvd shop when mum came up to me with a dvd one that i have been looking for, for years does anyone want to guess what it was ...............................................................................................................
    no takers well it was the quite man what a find watched it and loved seeing it again thanks mum

Great little find!

Watched Bullet to Beijing, very poor attempt to rekindle the Deighton Harry Palmer films with Michael Caine in the 60s: it was no Ipcress File!

• Genius Kubrick. Actually gets better everytime I watch it.
    The sentiment is as current today as it was when the film was first released.

I fully agree. I think the reason why I didnt like it the first time round-was because I had expected it to be more of an action-filled war movie-than the courtroom drama. However, since the first viewing--i've reformed and love the film more and more every time I see it ;-))

Heck, the first time I saw Ernest Borgnine in his signature role of Marty--I hated it. However, the last few times I watched or listened to it while doing something else--I like it more and more.

• Ive heard of the movie but didnt intend on watching it--now ill definitely stay away. That's just another reason more on why I hate most of the new stuff churned out and love classics more and more.

If I never watch another new movie--would not bother me at all as long as the classics live on.

• Something Borrowed with Kate Hudson and Gennifer Goodwin. It was a cute movie. Not for the whole family. In my opinion, no one under 16 should see this. Not the bad language but just the suggestive sex. But I think it was fun to watch. Not a keeper.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hitler Dead or Alive
    Starring Ward Bond and Paul Fix Very young, and THIN Ward. Amazing.
    [extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

I saw this about 25 years or so ago when it was played on a PBS station along when they used to play old Roy Rogers movies. Anyway, all I remember of it is something to do with a hidden hole in the ground (tunnel??)

Also, it is on DvD--but I THINK only through garbage DvD companies like alpha video. >:-((((

• Forgot to mention, just finished rewatching The Bedford Incident w/ Richard Widmark, Sidney Poitier, Eric Portman, James MacArthur and Donald Sutherland. This classic stays excellent from the first frame to the last. :-))

• A Guy Named Joe with Spencer Tracy, Irene Dunne, Van Johnson in his first major role, and Ward Bond along with a score of others. It said it was the Full Movie, but it wasn't....now have to find it! It got very good reviews in 1944 when released and it made money, LOL! Plus, for two nights in a row, I got to see a very trim, handsome, young Ward Bond! Must have been JUST before his accident almost tore his leg off.

I was going to put his picture here but forgot we have to enter a URL....too tired tonight to go put it into an album to get a URL! So used to just being able to take it off my computer. Next time. KPKEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE