Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,399,622 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I guess this makes a change to me constantly adding films to my list that you mention!:wink_smile:

Ill steer you clear of time-wasters ;-)) Ive not much to do these days cept watch movies--mostly war and western as there is almost nothing else of interest.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Also saw Lincoln, and it was outstanding. Lewis WAS Abraham Lincoln and Sally Field did a great job as Mary Todd Lincoln. Even looked alot like her. And Tommy Lee Jones was near as good playing Thaddeus Stevens.

Glad to hear good reviews on ths movie. Im going to try to see it in the theaters next week if its still playing?

• I saw To Kill A Mockingbird and it was great. Why was it great? I didn't see it on TV. I saw it at a thearter last week for TCM great night at the movies. They show a movie at theaters across the country and it was in my area. I finally saw this movie (my all-time favorite). When this movie came out back in 1962, I was only a year old. So, this was just a treat to see it and it was wonderful. I think I had chills all night and the music was fantastic. Gregory Peck was beyond belief. Hope to see other movies like that. Well worth the cost.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I saw To Kill A Mockingbird and it was great. Why was it great? I didn't see it on TV. I saw it at a thearter last week for TCM great night at the movies. They show a movie at theaters across the country and it was in my area. I finally saw this movie (my all-time favorite). When this movie came out back in 1962, I was only a year old. So, this was just a treat to see it and it was wonderful. I think I had chills all night and the music was fantastic. Gregory Peck was beyond belief. Hope to see other movies like that. Well worth the cost.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

Damn, you guys get to see all the classics at the cinema! We don't get much of that, only in London do they show classics like that, that's why I'm a member of BFI. Which they would be more widespread as travelling into London just for films is an expensive hobby!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• "House Of Dark Shadows" (1971)
    -Jonathan Frid

Plot :IMDB
    Recently unleashed from his coffin by local drunk, Willie Loomis, the vampire Barnabas Collins goes on a killing spree, while at the same time charming his present day family members. In the process he meets local girl Maggie Evans and notices that she looks exactly like his deceased fiance Josette. Barnabas assumes that she is the reincarnation of Josette, and plans to make him his unholy bride for eternity.

Phantom's Review: One of my favorite vampire films. Good story (adapted from the soap opera) plenty of Hammer film style gore and atmosphere. And some fine acting from the stars. Highly entertaining.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Hell Is For Heros w/ Steve McQueen, Fess Parker, Harry Guardino, Bobby Darin, James Coburn, Mike Kellin, Bob Newhart, Nick Adams, L.Q. Jones.

Poster:

DvD Cover:

Firing the .30 Cal:

Nice shot of the 2nd Squad Sgt. (Harry Guardino)

Pvt Reese (Steve McQueen) finding the 30 pound satchel charge that James Coburn lost before being blown up by his flamethrower:

A shot that never was used in the movie:

Neat Combat shot with Nick Adams in the black shirt:

Charging the German Pillbox:

W/ Fess Parker and Steve McQueen:

James Coburn:

• I hope you're all sitting down, may need a stiff drink... I've never seen this film!!!
    I have posters of it but never got round to seeing it.
    Obviously it's another to add to the list, sigh... Need to take a year off just to catch up!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Ringo, that is one of my all time favorite war movies, but you have a strange sense of Thanksgiving fare.
    Great images!!!

We deal in lead, friend

Mine too. Also, one time it was on late at night and my Mom, older brother and I were watching it. Well, when the Sarge (Guardino) was calling out for Homer at the beginning of the film, well, my dads name is Homer and he came out of the bedroom when Guardino was yelling for him saying: "Here I am". :lol::lol::lol:

I wish they had had more images to snag? but I couldnt find any. I NEED to get a few more originals from this movie ;-))

Forgot to mention, that since there were so few shots from the movie posted in Google--one of the shots I cheated on and is actually of a G.I. Joe doll dressed up like Steve McQueens character of Reese. Can you tell which one it is? :lol:

Edited 2 times, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• I hope you're all sitting down, may need a stiff drink... I've never seen this film!!!
    I have posters of it but never got round to seeing it.
    Obviously it's another to add to the list, sigh... Need to take a year off just to catch up!

If your talking about Hell Is For Heroes? you HAVE to see it. Its got VERY few militaria mistakes in it but everything else is top notch ;-))

I just rewatched: Breakthrough w/ John Agar, David Brian, Frank Lovejoy and Paul Picerni--again for about the 20th time since buying it a few months ago. I watched it for many reasons--one was to prepare myself for all the American Military weapons I was hoping to see at the gun show--saw some nice Garands--but not many.

• LOL, never saw it either, Peter. But, think I can wait a while for it...not on the top of my list. Last I watched was a couple of documentaries of John Ford. KEITH

If your talking about Hell Is For Heroes? you HAVE to see it. Its got VERY few militaria mistakes in it but everything else is top notch ;-))

I just rewatched: Breakthrough w/ John Agar, David Brian, Frank Lovejoy and Paul Picerni--again for about the 20th time since buying it a few months ago. I watched it for many reasons--one was to prepare myself for all the American Military weapons I was hoping to see at the gun show--saw some nice Garands--but not many.

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• LOL, never saw it either, Peter. But, think I can wait a while for it...not on the top of my list. Last I watched was a couple of documentaries of John Ford. KEITH

Hi Keith, if you like War Movies? Hell Is For Heroes is top notch.