Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,400,175 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Episodes 4,5,6 of: The Gallant men. No guest stars in these cept for Nr 5 which had John Dehner as a German Infantry Captain. All the episodes were very good. The last episode had a LOT--of footage borrowed from: Darby's Rangers. Most of the combat footage was dealing with the part (in Darby's Rangers--where the Rangers got destroyed trying to take Cisterna) and some footage used--you can see the back of James Garner--as well as see footage of the young snobbish Lieutenant who married an Italian girl, as well as you can actually hear a few lines spoken by Stuart Whitamn. Looking forward to seeing the next two eps.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• My daughter brought her two kids over - Aidan, age six, and Ava, age three - and even though we had them over earlier in the week, my wife and I had to give them extra hugs.
    After turning off the Buffalo Bills embarrassment, the five of us made popcorn, sat together under a cozy comforter, and watched "The Polar Express".
    Lord only knows.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Last night I watched "Down To The Sea In Ships", a movie I haven't seen for about 60 years. I liked it very much back then and I like it even more now. An excellent movie that I highly recommend. Lionel Barrymore gives an Oscar-worthy performance as the crusty old master of a whaling ship, Dean Stockwell is his young grandson who wants to follow in his grandpa's footsteps, and Richard Widmark is the First Mate.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Episodes 7-8 of: The Gallant Men. Ep 7 was good all around and the major guest star was Hans Gudegast (aka) Eric Braeden--who naturlich was a German soldier. Ep 8 was good even if it was mostly to do with the War Correspondant and another--who was female. No guest stars of note in that episode. Also, no "new" footage to talk about yet--that they borrowed from other Warner Bros War Movies. However, I still have 18 more wpisodes to watch so--"we'll" see, we'll see.

• The Time of Your Life James Cagney
    Very different movie....many characters developed as would be in a local bar, and each one different as night and day from the other. Also, Ward is in it, LOL! KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Ethanedwards: "Crocodile Dundee"

This is one I have watched ten times, I know it is full of cliche's, but is funny
    and tense and times.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

• "The Thomas Crown Affair (1999)" Pierce Brosnan, and Rene Russo
    A good plot and kept me interested. I love this kind of movie with
    a more complicated plot. Rene is beautiful also.
    I will have to watch it with Steve McQueen some time.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

• "Twilight's Last Gleaming" a great yet unknown 1977 film directed by Robert Aldrich. It stars Burt Lancaster, Richard Widmark and Charles Durning in maybe his best role.
    Lancaster plays a discredited former general who leads three other criminals in a takeover of a nuclear silo and makes demands on the president.
    I wanted to see this one forever and ended up buying it. Olive films spent a lot of time and money restoring this one and it looks like it was filmed today.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Ted: silly comedy with Mark Wahlberg, but nonetheless enjoyable. The Highlight was seeing Sam Jones playing a pastiche of his Flash Gordon role, and remarkably not looking that different, he has aged well!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• The African Queen on Blu Ray.
    Absolutely STUNNING transfer, almost looks 3D! One of the best blu ray of a film that age. Fantastic film of course!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• The Time of Your Life James Cagney
    Very different movie....many characters developed as would be in a local bar, and each one different as night and day from the other. Also, Ward is in it, LOL! KEITH

Never heard nor seen this one before? Tell me more about it. How was the movie? Im a BIG BIG Cagney fan as ya know ;-)) BTW--my last order finally shipped and ill be seeing Cagney in: The Frisco Kid--reeeeeeeeeeeel sooooooon ;-))

• "Twilight's Last Gleaming" a great yet unknown 1977 film directed by Robert Aldrich. It stars Burt Lancaster, Richard Widmark and Charles Durning in maybe his best role.
    Lancaster plays a discredited former general who leads three other criminals in a takeover of a nuclear silo and makes demands on the president.
    I wanted to see this one forever and ended up buying it. Olive films spent a lot of time and money restoring this one and it looks like it was filmed today.

We deal in lead, friend.

Good movie and I havent seen it since it came out. Its now on DvD. Oh and if your talking about Durning--he was in: The Final Countdown with Kirk Douglas, Martin Sheen and James Farentino--which I think came out in 1980? I was at the premier of the movie which was held in my hometown of Kingsville--before they had another premier held in New York? i think? ANyway, Kirk Douglas was only a few feet from me and looked at me when he walked into the theater-same with James Farentino and Soon Tek Oh (the Japanese Fighter Pilot they captured) and I think Durning made a fe wother movies shortly after? but cant recall titles.

Almost forgot-_Durning is a WWII Vet and he fought at the Battle of the Bulge.

• Two more eps of: The Gallant Men--as of today. No real notable guests stars in these but in the 1st I watched today--the Gent who played the German Field Marshal--I did recognize his name but cant think of it off hand? Anyway, he was also in Clint Eastwoods: Fire Fox--as the Russian politician that Klaus Lowitsch--who was a Russian General) called stupid for a dumb decision the politician made. Both episodes were very well made and lots of action in both.