Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,335,680 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• "Midnight Run" with Robert De Niro and Charles Grodin. A bounty hunter (De Niro) is assigned to deliver a fugitive (Grodin) from N.Y. to L.A. in five days with the mob and the F.B.I. chasing.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• "Gentlemen's Agreement"-1947- Gregory Peck,John Garfield, Dorothy McGuire, Good movie, about Jewish racism.
    Morale of the story, If you are sitting at a table with racism, and you don't speak out, you are guilty of racism.
    All three actors were good in this movie, with a kid also.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

• All my Duke-connected life, I've read that "The Sea Chase" was the posters' least-favorite (both on this and several other forums) John Wayne movie. Because of such posts, I've avoided watching that film because I figured all those posters couldn't be wrong.

Well, I finally decided to bite the bullet and watched it this past evening.

I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Duke didn't play a rat in the movie. In fact, he played the usual honorable role. That of a German freighter captain at the beginning of WW2 who, although he hated Hitler and other Nazis, attempted to outrun Australian warships in order to at least reach Europe and bring his ship home. He reached the close vicinity of Norway before a British warship managed to catch and sink his ship. And he insisted all his crew (except the least-likable, hardcore Nazi) go into the freighter's lifeboats and row for the British ship, in order to be saved.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• "Danger Lights" on TCM today. Made in 1930 about trains. One of the stars was Robert Armstrong who was in "King Kong" a few years later. Also a very young Jean Arthur as the love interest.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• All great movies. What did you think of Secondhand Lions? My wife and I totally love that movie.

Jim, sorry for the delayed reply, our family has been BUSY with graduations (1 college and 1 high school) AND our son's Boy Scout Eagle Project . . .

We LOVE Secondhand Lions! We have seen (and own) every movie we have watched with the group, so for us at least, there are no surprises. We recommend that movie to many people (in fact, we had to replace our copy because we loaned it out and never got it back).

• Jim, sorry for the delayed reply, our family has been BUSY with graduations (1 college and 1 high school) AND our son's Boy Scout Eagle Project . . .

We LOVE Secondhand Lions! We have seen (and own) every movie we have watched with the group, so for us at least, there are no surprises. We recommend that movie to many people (in fact, we had to replace our copy because we loaned it out and never got it back).

Don't even know Secondhand Lions.will have to read up on it. Netflix just put out the second season of Longmire..........probably be busy with that for a while. KEITH HI ALL

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE