Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,358,301 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Watched my way through from Dark Command to Lady takes a chance (except 3 missing) in chronological order. Well, from Stagecoach actually, but then I'm missing everything between that and DC. Puts them into perspective, in respect of Duke's career and the outside world, that helps me to enjoy them even more

I don't believe in surrenders.

• I too participated in watching The Adventures of Robin Hood and then watched another of the 8 installments of the Horatio 'ornblower movies. I still have two more of those to watch.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Watched 'A Good Year' . A pretty descent flick although not to well received by audiences. I would recommend it for a cold night with the lady. Russel Crowe actually pulls off a nice job in a comedic turn.
    Bo

• Hi all,

Watched "THE DEPARTED" last night.
    It starred Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon
    and Leonardo DiCaprio.

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• Our fifth and sixth seasons of Magnum P.I. arrived, and we have been spending our watching time viewing episodes from the 5th season this week. I am amazed at how many shows I don't remember, and reminded of the ingenuity of the show's creators, as they weave such a variety of story lines around the main characters, some of the stories very sobering.

• "Witness for the Prosecution," a good courtroom drama with Charles Laughton, Marlene Dietrich and Tyrone Power. Anyone who first sees this movie is in for a shocker of an ending. Those who have seen it before can watch simply for the acting acumen.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• Not sure what this movie falls in but I will put it in to the "non Western" forum. I watched "The Last of the Mohicans, the new version with Daniel Day-Lewis

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Our fifth and sixth seasons of Magnum P.I. arrived, and we have been spending our watching time viewing episodes from the 5th season this week. I am amazed at how many shows I don't remember, and reminded of the ingenuity of the show's creators, as they weave such a variety of story lines around the main characters, some of the stories very sobering.

Hi Jim, Sue, I don't know if you can tell me or not but, this has been bothering me for many years now about Magnum P.I. (which is one of my all-time favorite shows)

I remember in one of the first few seasons that there was an episode that had a man who was a client of Magnums who was also Japanese. The only thing I remember about that episode was that Magnum or someoen had knocked on his door at his residence and somehow something to do with WWII came up and I don't remember what it was? Anyway, I remember someone had asked that Japanese Gentleman, soemthing about when the last time he had been in Hawaii. This gents reply was something to the tune of: "The last time I flew over Hawaii was fourty (or more) years ago. Implying that he had been a Japanese pilot in on the bombing of Pearl Harbor.

My questions are: Do you remember that episode? and do you know what the title of that episode is? Im dying to know.

Best regards --C.

PS, my favorite episodes was the 2-parter where they went back to Vietnam. I think the episodes were titled: "All For One" and Did You See The Sunrise?"

Other notable one: Kona Winds and the episodes with Frank Sinatra in them. Our family always gathered together to watch Magnum P.I. followed by Simon and Simon - which was on CBS every Wednesday evening. Man I sure miss those shows.

• I almost forgot to mention that tonight, I will be watching the last of the Horatio Hornblower movies that I have on hand. I think this one is: The Dutchess and the Devil?"

• "New World Disorder," a "B" actioner about cyberthieves with Rutger Hauer as the detective that goes after them. A noteworthy line our hero gives is "Look - I can walk like John Wayne!":laugh:

"Not hardly!!!"

• Watched Bubba Ho Tep which stars wait for it Bruce Campbell as Elvis Presley alive and well and living in a rest home in Texas. Also, with him is President Kennedy who has been given a new body as a black man and the Lone Ranger also features.

Together they have to fight a 3000 year old Mummy who is sucking the life out of the residents of the home.

Seriously different and entertaining.

• Watched something in B&W this morning on TCM, but dunno what it was as I was also doing a crossword puzzle. I think it was some sort of a mobster type movie from the 1950's? which really was not very good.

• Watched The Big Red One special edition...........To me its not that well made of a movie, lots of inaccuracies in equipment, ect... But for some reason I just like watching it.

-John Wayne

• Watched The Big Red One special edition...........To me its not that well made of a movie, lots of inaccuracies in equipment, ect... But for some reason I just like watching it.

Todd, I got this version as soon as it was released. I could not stand that new soundtrack they gave to it--that new music also stunk. And then to hear almost every weapon firing that sounded like someone spitting. The original soundtrack was much better and more accurate.

What I really liked on this was when they added some 40? extra minutes to the film (which mostly all were the deleted scenes of Sergeant Schroeder (the German Sergeant)

Poor 'ol Smitty and the jewels! :ohmy: :yeaahh: :uhoh: :cry2:

I guess at least they had Sherman tanks in the movie--even if they were supposed to be Tigers. I guess even long-barrelled Shermans were better than no WWII type tanks being in the movie.

Sam Fuller did an excellent job though.

• Yes, the 40 minutes extra were a nice addition. I was not a bad movie by any means, it just pales in comparison to the war movies that have come out recently. I liked it even back in the 80's so I am not so nieve to compare it to the newer war films, it just seemed not well made and maybe alittle cliche in parts.

-John Wayne

• Watched one of my favourite movies 1st Great Train Robbery with Sean Connery and Lesley Ann Down. Had the good fortune to see her when the filming scenes in Dublin for this movie. Didnt see Sean but Donald Sutherland was also there.

Great story and atmosphere from director Michael Crichton.

Mike

• Yes, the 40 minutes extra were a nice addition. I was not a bad movie by any means, it just pales in comparison to the war movies that have come out recently. I liked it even back in the 80's so I am not so nieve to compare it to the newer war films, it just seemed not well made and maybe alittle cliche in parts.

Yep, there were a few cliched things in BRO but I think what I liked the most about it was watching Lee Marvin in action as well as Mark Hamill (fresh from fame as Luke Skywalker)