Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,380,415 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Finally got round to watching The Departed. Take previous view about the language.

Could have been condensed by half a hour at least.

Not a bad movie but no Goodfellas. The documentary disc was actually better & more interesting.

Mike

• Watched this am on TCM: The Heroes of Telemark w/ Kirk Douglas, Richard Harris and Anton Differing. Nice movie all around and love the scenery in it as well.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I would probably have a heart attack if I tried to ski like they did. ;-D Also, I never have skiied before so i'd probably break a few bones as well. But have to agree, I think it is a great movie and I also think it does not get enough credit either.

• I have parachuted and hanglided but never skied.

It looks fun but I imagine it would HURT a lot. I dont like snow that much at least the European wet variety we get here.

You can but dream

Mike

• Watched "The Heiress" this morning, an excellent film starring Olivia de Havilland (one of my all-time favorite actresses), Montgomery Clift, and Ralph Richardson. Monty, the rat, leaves Plain Jane Olivia waiting at the altar, so to speak, and then she returns the favor.
    Poetic justice.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Home from the Hill (1960) starring Robert Mitchum. A great "coming of age" drama with Mitchum as the patriarch of an East Texas family.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• A day or so ago I received the first season of "WKRP in Cincinnati", one of my all-time favorite TV shows. (I love good comedy)

Last evening I watched the first 3 or 4 episodes. Don't know how familiar you are with the characters in this show but if you are, then you know about the gorgeous Loni Anderson, who plays Jennifer the receptionist, and Herb the ad salesman, who has the hots for Jennifer and is always trying to put the make on her. In one of the episodes I watched last evening I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants.

Dr. Johnny Fever, the day DJ, tells Herb that Jennifer has had a sex change operation (male to female), which naturally blows Herb's mind. Here he thinks he's been trying to bed a former male and since he's the very epitome of the male chauvinist, the thought almost wrecks him mentally. It was laugh-out-loud funny, believe me.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• The Legend of Zorro (2005) [SPOILERS!]
    The movie was very disappointing, instead of having a straight forward action adventure they went and made it a comedy/adventure. They abused my eyes with mediocre CGI for no real reason other than the fact that they could..... As I recall the first one didn't require a lot of CGI. The acting from everybody but Antonio and Zeta-Jones was worthy of those daytime soaps.

The Pinkerton men were sniveling little worms unworthy of my time, they should have been portrayed as die-hard Americans reluctantly destroying a mans life, instead of saying flat out that they don't give a damn..... someone like Harrison Ford would have been great in that aspect, or even my first choice Sean Connery! Actually I am kind of ashamed to admit this but John Wayne was very first thought.... is that wrong?

Instead of telling him that he's a relic of the past, they could explained that they were not happy with what they had to do but that the security of the United States of America comes before everything else, especially one man's happiness. Then they could have gone on to say that the President feels that the Government is offering him a no strings attached offer to continue being Zorro as an officially licensed Marshal. Or something like that.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the Padre was the only good supporting character in this movie. He was just what Zorro needed as a confidante.

One feeling I got from this movie was that there's was not enough Zorro in it :ohmy:. What I can't understand is how this movie was so inferior to the first... I mean it had the same Director... the same leads.... same writer... I suspect that the studio had something to do with it cause Campbell is usually a competent director.

• Just sent off for Season 1 of Daniel Boone, The Rat Patrol, and the vol 2 of The Time Tunnel. For my upcoming B-day in May, I told my family if im getting anything, all I want is: Back to Bataan, Captain Horatio Hornblower and They Were Expendable on DvD. Soooooooo in about 2 weeks, I will be enjoying all of these.

Since I rarely eat at Chilis, I decided it best to cash in my Christmas presant and get something I really want--like those TV series.

Forgot to mention that tonight, I will be watching Burt Reynolds in: The Longest Yard.