Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,426,634 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Watched "Major League--The Wild Thing Edtion" last night. Gearing up for baseball season I guess. Man, Bob Euker is hilarious in that movie. "Just a bit outside!!!"

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• "Tears of the Sun" with Bruce Willis. Very involving movie. About a mission to rescue a doctor from Nigeria which becomes more involved since she will not leave without the people she treats.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Decided to watch, Dunkirk, again last night. I can't get enough of this movie as Sir John Mills, Lord Richard Attenborough and Bernard Lee - all give excellent performances in it.

Corp Tubby Binns (Sir John Mills) "STUKAS!!.... RUN FOR COVER!!" You just got to like that movie.:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Recently I saw: The Great Escape and White Heat-both on TCM. As well, I watched another movie but, I have a LOT on my mind these days, and can't recall what I saw. Anyway, it was something with Humphrey Bogart and Edward G. Robinson - perhapse it was: Little Caesar? not sure? Also, to help with getting things off my mind-I started watching season 1 of: The Fall Guy, again last night. Im eagerly awaiting season 2, to hit the streets ;-))

• I watched American Gangster with Denzell Washington and Russell Crowe, which wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be but was not bad either. Then I watched I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry. I laughed many times throughout this movie. I'm not a big Adam Sandler fan (some movies with him I like , some I hate.), but this is one funny movie. Neither one is for the kiddies, though.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• watched the caine muntiny (hope its spelt right) have to get a new remote for the dvdplayer because the one that came with it has gone bush. have a few others to watch but it looks like they will have to wait till i get the new one

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• IN COLD BLOOD 1967
    the true story of the murder of a kansas farm family by two ex-convicts.very well told.from truman capote's novel.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Vantage Point with Dennis Quaid, Mathew Fox, Forrest Whitaker, This was a very suspenseful movie. It had some Hitchcock themes in this. I think most of you would like it.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Michael Clayton with George Clooney. This is not a bad movie. I think most of you would like this movie.

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• We watched a Cary Grant film the other night we had never seen before, Night and Day, in which CG played the role of Cole Porter. A lot of good music from the time period, a story of which I was largely unaware, some other familiar faces. Jane Wyman has a role throughout. BTW, I don't think I have ever thought of her as a singer, though she was pretty good; my main memory of her was the bitter, nasty Angela Channing in the TV series Falcon Crest.

Overall, quite a good movie and worth seeing if you enjoy Cary Grant or Cole Porter's music (or both :wink_smile: ).

Chester :newyear:

• We Own The Night with Jaoquin Phoenix, Mark Wahlberg, Eva Mendes, and Robert Duvall. A very violent movie and some sex scenes with a lot of profanity. If you over look that with the drinking, drugs, and smoking this is a good movie. They play this movie well and tells a story about a drug ring back in around 1988 in New York City and a family with one brother a cop, the other on the other side of the law. Choices have to be made and their family has changed forever. Must see for those who like crime dramas.

- John Wayne quote

• Watched: Public Enemy w/ James Cagney. After that I watched: The Enemy Below w/ Robert Mitchum, Doug McClure, David Hedison and Curt Jurgens, Theodor Bikel and Kurt Krueger..

• hi ringo

have you watched the movies i sent you yet as you havent said if they worked for you or not. if you have what did you think of them

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• The Great Locomotive Chase a Disney classic with Fess Parker, and Jeffery Hunter. Very enjoyable movie.

- John Wayne quote