Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,426,545 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Brannigan, and still a Great Fun Film of Duke's to Watch !

i also love to watch that movie it is fun to watch Duke in somethin thats not a western.
    and last night i watched Hancock. That is a really good movie, its not just another superhero movie it really surprised me.

• Just watched P.S. I Love You a very good heartwarming movie. Hillery Shank, and Kathy Bates were in this movie. It's kinda like a love story with a little comedy. Might be a good one for some of you. It was alright with me.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Took my mom for her birthday to see Mamma Mia! It is a musical that takes the songs from the 70's group Abba. Since I grew up in the seventies and heard their music, I can appreciate their songs. It was a pretty good movie. Meryl Streep was good in it and a darn good singer. As for Pierce Brosan, well he was alright but he can't sing. Overall, this is a pretty good muscial movie. Enjoy if you like musicals.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Watched College Road Trip with my kids. It's a Disney movie. Pretty good flick for a G rating. The pig is hilarious!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Just watched a Meg Ryan movie called My Moms New Boyfriend. Not all that good, but kinda fun to watch.

- John Wayne quote

• Took my mom for her birthday to see Mamma Mia! It is a musical that takes the songs from the 70's group Abba. Since I grew up in the seventies and heard their music, I can appreciate their songs. It was a pretty good movie. Meryl Streep was good in it and a darn good singer. As for Pierce Brosan, well he was alright but he can't sing. Overall, this is a pretty good muscial movie. Enjoy if you like musicals.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

Wow! Mama Mia is a movie?? Who knew? I knew it has been a live stage show for the past few years (I have heard ads for it on the radio). I like Abba's music, so I think I would really enjoy it.

Thanks for the heads up!

As for the last non-Western we watched -

last night, we watched a baseball movie, The Final Season, which is based on a true story, and was a pretty good movie.

Mrs. C :angel1:

BTW, Happy Birthday to your mom!

• yea i just watched Tyler Perry's Meet The Browns. it was really good. kinda heart warming and sweet but im more of a comedy girl myself. but it was fun to watch

• "Soylent Green" on TCM the other day. Decent scifi picture, but not as good as Harry Harrison's original novel on which it was based - "Make Room - Make Room." Charlton Heston was good and Chuck Conners as the main baddy was effective. Edward G. Robinson's last film!
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• I caught the last several minutes of Soylent Green-never have seen it all the way through.

The last decent movies I saw-but only partially are: The LOngest Day-on TCM last Fri, Elf-on some station yesterday, and some episodes of Hogan's Heroes on TV Land.

Since all my stuff is packed up, I don't have access to any of my DvDs and im going through DvD withdrawell :-(( Im so used to having something to toss into the DvD played when nothing worth watching is on cable TV.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• My wife and I watched Vantage Point last night. Very good, suspenseful movie. It was a little long in the middle but picked up at the end and we both enjoyed it.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I watch "21" last night. This was a pretty good movie with some violence and some sex scenes. But it was a good movie. Not recommended for anyone under 13 years of age.

- John Wayne quote

• I watched a movie yesterday that I highly recommend. Given my longtime interest in politics, I don't know how I ever missed this film but it's the first time I'd ever seen it. The title is "Advise and Consent" and it's about the machinations in Washington over the president's nomination of Henry Fonda to be Secretary of State. Walter Pidgeon plays the Senate Majority Leader who's charged by President Franchot Tone with shepherding the nomination through the Senate, Charles Laughton is a crusty old Southern senator opposed to the nomination, Senator Don Murray is being blackmailed to support the nomination, even though he's strongly opposed. It was directed by Otto Preminger (sp) and he did a magnificent job; definitely one of his best.

I remember reading the book about 45 or 50 years ago and was very impressed with the story then and am just as impressed with the movie. It's a must for political junkies. I suspect it describes to a tee the situation in Washington even today.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• just started to watch die hard again on tv.a decent film,like all films that have sequels the first one is always the best

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• The Pledge with Jack Nicholson. This is a twisted movie, with a lot of msytery. I'm not sure you will like it, but has an interesting ending. Very twisted movie.

- John Wayne quote