Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,426,523 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• "End of Days" - one of the few Schwarzenegger films I hadn't seen up 'til this point. A little more gritty than his usual fare - this one about the devil trying to take over at the millenium.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• I remember watching that movie in college and thinking it was among one of the funniest movies I had ever seen. I haven't seen the remake, but the trailers alone were enough to keep me away.

Tonight we watched The Shop Around the Corner, with James Stewart. A lovely little romantic comedy on which the more recent You're Got Mail was loosely based. James Stewart is wonderful in this lesser known gem.

Mrs. C :angel1:

If you think "Longest Yard" is funny, Sue, I wish you'd let me send you a copy of Burt's "W.W." movie. You'd really like it. He's at his comedic best in it.

I agree that Jimmy is great in "Shop Around the Corner"

De gustibus non est disputandum

• "Sullivan's Travels" starring Joel McCrea and Veronica Lake. Supposedly, this ranks as Joel's most prestigious movie and in fact, the DVD is a Criterion copy which, from what I understand, makes it something special since they have a reputation for only mastering and marketing the "best" movies. (I paid more than $20. for the disc at DDDVD which is kinda high for them in this day and time.)

But quite frankly, I wasn't all that impressed. In fact, I thought it was kinda silly in parts.

• Frenzy a late Hitchcock movie. Some nice touches but a stronger cast would have been better. Who was Jon Finch and why did he sound so much like Oliver Reed??

i watched Frenzy for a few weeks - the scenes on the potato-track is one of the classics in movie history - for me the cast is very good - but i think its one of the Hitchkook-films with a 'no-star-name-cast' - -

[CENTER][/CENTER]

• I finished my evening watching "Stalag 17" with William Holden. Fun to watch and see some of the ideas they used in Hogan's Heroes.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Die Hard !!. Then when it ended, as I was surfing through all the channels my Sis's TV set gets, I happened across a channel that is called: American Life Network, and HOLA!!!! they were playing an episode of COMBAT, and after that, they played an episode of Twelve O'Clock High--which I had never seen before. This episode had William Shatner (pre-Star Trek and Captn Kirk days) as a Major who was the pilot of a B-17. That was a pretty darn good show and I hope to catch a few more episodes of it before im in Houston-permanently. BTW, after that, they played another 1st season episode of COMBAT.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I'm starting watching the epic, "Lord of the Rings." Just finished "The Fellowship of the Ring" and am starting "The Two Towers" when I find some time. Watching my DVDs in widescreen (which is the only way to view these movies).

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• watched >panic in the streets< with Richard Widmark and Jack Palance - a timeless picture - its a shame that such kind of entertainment today never is possible!! - look the zero-mostel-role--great charakter-great acting !!!

[CENTER][/CENTER]

• watched >panic in the streets< with Richard Widmark and Jack Palance - a timeless picture - its a shame that such kind of entertainment today never is possible!!

Thanks to VHS and DVD, such kind of entertainment is at least available to those of us who appreciate it!!

And I forgot about watching Ever After with Drew Barrymore the other night. One of the Mrs.' favorite movies (and I admit I enjoyed it myself).

Oh, yeah . . . sixth season of Monk, too!

Chester :newyear:

• "Murder By Decree" (1979)
    -Christopher Plummer, James Mason

Plot Synopsis: IMDB
    Sherlock Holmes is drawn into the case of Jack the Ripper who is killing prostitutes in London's East End. Assisted by Dr. Watson, and using information provided by a renowned psychic, Robert Lees, Holmes finds that the murders may have its roots in a Royal indiscretion and that a cover-up is being managed by politicians at the highest level, all of whom happen to be Masons. Homes races to save the life of Annie Crook who has been forcibly incarcerated in an insane asylum and that of her friend Mary Kelly, in whom she has entrusted her secret.

Phantom's Review: One of the best Sherlock Holmes movies ever made. Great cast, Fine acting, and a superb story. I love this movie.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Have spent the past 3 or 4 afternoons watching Season 10 of "Cheers", one of my favorite TV comedies. Just one more season to go and I'll have all of 'em.

It's showing its' age though as there were some crummy episodes in this season.