Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,426,493 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Actually I used to watch just about anything with Jennifer Aniston in it. In fact, I still do!!!

What was Brad Pitt thinking?? She is much better looking then Jolie, IMHO.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Wife and I watched Rendition with Reese Witherspoon, Jake Gyllenhal, Meryl Streep. It was a ok movie, nothing to get to ecited about. Left to many holes/questions unanswered.

-John Wayne

• "The Day of the Jackal" with Edward Fox on TCM the other day. This was a superb movie and for those watching it for the first time, a suspenseful story, as it was when I first watched it some 25 years ago.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

Edited 2 times, last by Jay J. Foraker ().

• "The Day of the Jackel" with Edward Fox on TCM the other day. This was a superb movie and for those watching it for the first time, a suspenseful story, as it was when I first watched it some 25 years ago.

Again, I agree ten thousand percent with one of your posts.

I read the book first and thought it a wonderful story. So it was that when the movie came out I wasn't expecting much since movies hardly ever measure up to the books from which they are made. But this one not only measured up but may even have surpassed the book by Frederick Forsyth.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• When I watch "The Day of the Jackal" nowadays, I watch to revel in the filmmakers' attention to detail. At one point, the head of the committee of government ministers trying to catch the "jackel," asks the detective after determining the leak in the group from "bugging" one of the minister's apartment how he knew which one to bug, the detective replies, "I didn't, so I bugged all of the apartments [of the ministers]. I loved that scene.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

Edited once, last by Jay J. Foraker ().

• I watched "The Incredible Hulk" with the kids tonight. I think Edward Norton did a pretty good job and look forward to the 2nd installment, whenever that get's made.

-John Wayne

• Watched "The New Centurions" with George C. Scott and Stacy Keach. A good flick about the trials and tribulations of the LA police, written by what used to be one of my favorite authors, Joseph Wambaugh. Sad ending. This was Wambaugh's first of many stories about the LAPD and one of his best, I think.

• Last evening I watched "Midway" with Charlton Heston, Henry Fonda, Glenn Ford and just about every other male star and character actor in Hollywood. A passable but not great war flick.