Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,426,449 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• This afternoon me and the kids also watched The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe. That was after watching Big Jake this morning. They both watched this movie. Cold outside today so not much fun playing outside.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

Edited once, last by SXViper ().

• An American Carol with Kelsey Grammer, Leslie Nielson, Dennis Hopper, James Wood, Jon Voight. The video came out this week. It is a political comey movie from the right about a documentary director wanting to boycott the 4th of July. He is visited with three spirits that convince him to celebrate this holiday all the time. A very funny movie and great for the conservative people.

I'd give it 3 stars out of 4.

Cheer :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• The Green Mile with Tom Hanks. I really like that movie. I can't believe that it is 10 years old! I'd give it a 3 and a half stars out of 4.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hi

A Challenge for Robing Hood, a 1967 Hammer Picture released by 20th Century and starring if that is the word for it, Barry Ingham.
    A typical Saturday Morning picture with Robin and His very Merry Men laughing and singing their way through 107 minutes of pure drivel

Will miss the Daleks Invasion of Earth tomorrow because my wife is on leave but might pick up Warlock on Wednesday

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• The Killing (1954). Hardboiled Crime Thriller by Director Stanley Kubrick. IMO his first Masterpiece. A Gangster and four amateurs have a perfect plan to rob a horse racetrack. Unfortunatly the external circumstances are not as perfect as the plan. Great Black and White photography, some typical film noir elements and Sterling Hayden are making this movie highly enjoyable. :wink_smile:

"You're too good to give a chance to." John Wayne as Cole Thornton in El Dorado (1966)

• The Fighting Seabees with Susan Hayward and John Wayne. It was on TCM, and yes, it was good.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

- John Wayne quote

• Death Wish with Charles Bronson. It was on AMC. This is the 35th anniversary of this movie. I remember when it came out. I was too young to see it at the theater, but I have seen it since on video and TV.

- John Wayne quote

• Holiday Affair with Robert Mitchum and Janet Leigh. A very cute movie. Rate it at 3 and a half stars our of 4.

- John Wayne quote

• Hi

Great film with a very fine cast, and the transistion from colour to black and white for the heaven scenes and then back to colour work very well.

I've just finished watching Heaven Can Wait starring Don Ameche. It was made in 1943 the year I was born and at the end of the picture a sign showed Buy US War Bonds for Victory available at this Theatre.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hi

Yangste Incident With Richard Todd and William Hartnell and nearly every Britsh actor there has ever been.

Its the story of the British Frigate HMS Amethyst which was shell on passage up the Yangste river in 1949.

I was six at the time and when it came to Guy Fawkes night we made a guy in a naval uniform put Ameythst on the cap band and made a fortune.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low