Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,397,285 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Just completed watching Rocketship XM, and even though it had a fine cast including Lloyd Brdges, Noah Beery Jr and Hugh O'Brien--the movie wasn't as goood as it could be-but still fairly entertaining.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Speaking of Michael Rennie, I watched an episode of "Wagon Train" yesterday that had him as the guest star. It was the only episode of the "new" show (meaning after Ward Bond died) that I've watched which I enjoyed.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Watched: Tim Cop last night. This movie starred Jean-Claude van Damme and Ron Silver. Also it's one of few JCvD movies I really like.

On tomorrows menu is: Time Limit which starred Richard Widmark and Richard Basehart. This is an excellent Korean War-era film. It has good flashback scenes of GIs in a Chineese PoW camp, as well as a most excellent Courtroom drama. It's a damn shame this movie is a Public Domaine one-because it ought to be restored and released. This I think was the only movie that Richard Widmark, produced and it was the only one directed by his buddy-Karl Malden-who did one heck-of-an-excellent job of it.

• Stephen King's Rose Red, about a house that 'eats' women and kills men....I'd been hearing it praised by my sister (who nit-picks modern movies to death but adores Mollie Ringwald films...go figure), and so was excited to sit down and watch it. It could have been done much better. What is it about the majority of Stephen King's really good books getting turned into really cheesy films? The only exception that I can think of is "The Shining", though I suspect that was mainly Kubrick's doing... and though "IT" was pretty freaky, it was loaded with cheese, too.

For tomorrow? Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, because the 'rents are spending the night, and the paternal unit wants to catch up on the films before we see the new one in two months. :D

• Tomorrow night I will be watching the long-awaited European made War Movie: Come and See. After that will be Tim Limit-both through Netflix.

• Disneys: "The Black Hole" which starred: Maximilian Schell, Ernest Borgnine, Yvette Mimeaux, Robert Forster, Roddy McDowell (as one of the friendly robots voice) and Slim Pickens as the battered robots voice.

It was a nice change of pace for me for a change.

• I've been watching episodes from Season 5 of "Hawaii Five 0" for the past few days. One of my favorite cop shows from long ago and far away.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Will hopefully be watching either tonight or tomorrow night-a movie I longed to see-which is a European made war movie called: Come and See.

• My son and I went to Wolverine over the weekend. It received really bad reviews but I actually enjoyed it. Nice background story and fun to see some of the "mutnats" in there younger years.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. What a hoot!

Cheers :cool:

:thumbs_up: It sure is a hoot, I love that movie. One thing (not that it needed to have in order to do so but) one thing extra that movie had going for it for me-was the fact that the Three Stooges were also in it. And the only reason I didn't say that it had more than one thing extra for me going for it-was that I wasn't sure if Buster Keaton was in the movie or not? I can't remember? If he did have a part-that certainly is a plus.