Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,426,569 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Currently waching a 2-episode series about the Germans invasion of Russia called: The Road To Stalingrad. Has a lot of footage I have never seen before. When im done with this one-I will be watching Valkyrie.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Just last night, I caught a nice Documentary on Operation Valkyrie as well as another shorter one on the Making of Valkyrie. Having not yet watched the movie-I can tell I will have no problems in liking it. I am very impressed that all the actors chosen for the main characters-REALLY do resemble those they will portray. The onl exception is the guy chosen to portray Hitler-I don't think he comes close but-hey-we can't have Richard Basehart or Bruno Ganz in every film about der fuhrer.

• Finally got to watch Valkyrie yesterday. Im no tom cruise fan but I have to say that the movie was VERY well-made and VERY accurate. I was impressed and onl had one slight unimportant problem with it-as a collector-and yes I know im nitpicking but-the one dim spot I spotted had to do with the Helferin insignia as I saw that was on one of these Female Signallers shirts-but still not badly done. I thought the Costumers did a great job in researching their stuff.

• I was a bit bored when I got back home after my walk-so I decided to watch James Coburn, James Mason and Maximilian Schell in the classic: Cross of Iron. This'll probably be about my hundredth time of seeing it.

• Taking Chance was one for all to see. I mean everyone! It is from HBO, but I think it will be on video soon if it hasn't been released already. See it. It is very touching.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I've seen Where Eagles Dare with Clint Eastwood and Richard Burton on TCM. A really cool movie.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

"Space Cowboys" and it is hard to beat Clint Eastwood, Tommy Lee Jones, Donald Sutherland and James Garner in a Good Space adventure !

I like the "Space Cowboys"! A real great space-adventure and I have to watch it again...and again...and again...

But tomorrow is the Duke´s Birthday, so I will watch "Sands of Iwo Jima" today!

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• For the past few days, I've been watching episodes of "Tour of Duty", one of my favorite TV shows from the late Eighties, which portrays combat by an American infantry squad against the VC in Vietnam. Stars Terrence Knox and Steven Caffrey among others. I bought all three seasons a few weeks ago

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Well on my trip to Atlanta I went on a movie watching spree last week. I seen "Star Trek", Termintator: Salvation". Terminator was a admirable edition to the series, not outstanding but not bad either. "Star Trek" was down right awesome. Paid homage to its roots nicely and well acted, I highly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of the series, I even went to it a 2nd time over the weekend with my son. That is how good I think that movie is. Also we. as a family went to the new Ben Stiller flick, Night at the Museum 2. My wife and I both fell asleep. It was not as good as the first one, that's for sure.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne