When Were You Born?

There are 350 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 219,389 times. The latest Post () was by MichaelHarrison.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I was born August 2nd 1988

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life..." ~John Wayne~[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

• If you want to shoehorn me into the list, I arrived on the scene in 1949. Harry Truman was president and one of my earliest recollections about movies was seeing "Hondo" when it first came out.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Not that I am counting here Keith, but it looks like the 60's are dominating and '61 is in the lead with 6.

But wait a minute! :repost: 1940 has 6 as well! Boy, you old ones sure are giving us baby boomers a run for the money. :wink_smile:

This is a fun one, Keith. Looks great to have so many here to celebrate Duke.

Cheers :cool: Hondo Duke Lane, '61

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Thought I'd throw my Stetson in the ring!
    December 29th 1969, the year on the moon landing, shame I missed it and Christmas.
    That sneeks into the 60s by 2 days!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Alright, let me tell you that the day before I was born, Gary Cooper died. I can honestly say that I missed Coop just by one day. Not sure when he passed, but I came around somewhere around 4 pm in the Central Time Zone. So this could be missing him just hours.

Postage stamps were 3 cents, a quart of milk was 24 cents, and a gallon of gas was depending on you area an average of 27 cents a gallon. Of cours if you lived in Texas (king of the oil in those days), it was 18 cents a gallon. The number one song the week of my birth according to Billboard Magazine was Runaway by Del Shannon. I was born on Mother's day and yes officially the first Mother's day gift to my mother. Not bad. No, I don't remember any of these things. Just fun to see what things were like back then.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I was born the same year as the Barbie Doll, the Castro Regime, the Grammy's and the state of Alaska and Hawaii. The same year that Ben Hur was released on the big screen, Bonanza started on NBC, and The Sound of Music appeared on Broadway. Lou Costello, Mell Ott, Frank Lloyd Wright and Cecile B. DeMille all died along with "The Music". We'll see if anyone asks about that last one. The year was 1959.

• I was born the same year as the Barbie Doll, the Castro Regime, the Grammy's and the state of Alaska and Hawaii. The same year that Ben Hur was released on the big screen, Bonanza started on NBC, and The Sound of Music appeared on Broadway. Lou Costello, Mell Ott, Frank Lloyd Wright and Cecile B. DeMille all died along with "The Music". We'll see if anyone asks about that last one. The year was 1959.

Gee, you missed all the good stuff. I know about the last one, so I won't spoil it for others. :wink_smile:

Maj. Amos Dundee: I have only three commands. When I signal you to come, you come. When I signal you to charge, you charge. And when I signal you to run - you follow me and run like *hell*!

Major Dundee (1965)

• Well, Welcome there CelticFCDUKE! Glad to have you aboard! You are young to be a Duke fan. How did you come to be one? And your birth year was NOT boring! I was 45 and in the prime of life. Some of my most fun things happened in that year. So, be proud, Kiddo! And, once again, welcome. You will get proper welcomes from the Moderators, LOL. I am just a nothing "Newbie"!

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE