PC and Technical Help Forum

There are 369 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 141,120 times. The latest Post () was by The Irish Duke.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Sure wish Adobe would hurry up and get their Flash add-on for 64-bit machines operational. Not being a computer geek, I don't understand why it's taking so long.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Sure wish Adobe would hurry up and get their Flash add-on for 64-bit machines operational. Not being a computer geek, I don't understand why it's taking so long.

I hear your frustration as many other's do as well. Have you downloaded the 32 bit version of IE as a work around until they release it?

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Just to mention to our members new and old,
    that this thread is where our members, can maybe help one another,
    solve any PC or technical problems.

Just ask a question, as we have many knowledgeable
    and may I say helpful members

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• Don't know why but for a couple of months the board has been requiring me to sign in each time I visit whereas in the past it kept me signed in for long periods of time. Is there a reason for that, Kevin (and other computer geeks)?

• Hi Jim

You and me both it is very annoying particularly as the messege is so cold ie you are not able to log in you are not able to post messeges you are not etc.

Unfortunately i can't explain it either

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Computers, Art - we can't do with 'em and can't do without 'em. Lol

• I don't experience this problem when I tick the remember me box at login. Sounds like it 'could be' a browser issue.

If you're having this issue then try clearing the cookies & cache in your browser then for good measure close the browser and restart it. See if that cures the problem.

• I don't experience this problem when I tick the remember me box at login. Sounds like it 'could be' a browser issue.

If you're having this issue then try clearing the cookies & cache in your browser then for good measure close the browser and restart it. See if that cures the problem.

Kevin,
    I've cleared the cookies and cache in my browser, just as you suggested, and the site is still requiring me to jump through the usual hoops in order to post or read the threads in proper order. And yes, I do click the "remember me" box each time I log in. Sure is getting frustrating. And aggravating.

I don't think it's my browser as I've had it for quite awhile and up until about a month or six weeks ago, I never had this problem at all so it must be something wrong with your site software.
    Jim

• Hi

I think my problem has been solved which is good for me as when you went into the guidance information with my knowledge you could have been talkibg chinese but thanks anyway

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Still no dice, Kevin. I tried it with Firefox instead of IE snf still got the same thing. The following is the message I keep getting:

vBulletin Message

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
    2. You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

The administrator may have required you to register before you can view this page.

User Name:
    Password:
    Remember Me?

• Stumpy, I don't know what else to get you to do, I haven't had the issue, and haven't been able to replicate it on any browser here, (IE, Firefox, or Chrome). I use Chrome daily and have never had an issue with logging in here.

Well, today I downloaded Chrome before I logged onto the site and I'm holding my breath but for the first time in quite awhile, it didn't require me to log back in. If this works, I may have to stop using IE or Firefox and start using Chrome.