Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 831,228 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I can't understand why Baroness Thatcher didn't kill Gaddafi when he was arming the IRA. Thankfully the great President Reagan bombed Tripoli in 1986.

• I'd be willing to bet a considerable amount of money that you're wrong on both counts.

If I didn't realize that the American voter is a stupid, easily swayed creature, I would agree with you. I just can't help but remember "read my lips, no new taxes!!" Bush got the crap beat out of him with that stick, but no one remembered that the Dems (who had control of congress) would not pass a budget with out new taxes.. the Government even shut down for a few weeks... so can Obama win based on, hey I got Bin Laden, sure he can... he'll just point out that everything that is wrong is not his fault, he inherited it... he just needs another term to prove it.. after all he got the troops out of Afghanistan and the civil unrest that occured after that was not his fault either, in fact he kept us out of another countries civil war... yeah he's the greatest!! :vomit:

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• I can't see Obama failing to be reelected after he got bin Laden. If he gets Gaddafi as well he will be unbeatable.

Apparently, the Gaddafis have tickets for the Olympics in London July 2012 Row F14 - G24 which is more than most people so if we leave it to the French they could whack 90% of the politicians in the world in one go.

Alternatively, he will be at the tennis final at Wimbledon next Saturday Centre Court two or three rows behind Cliff Richard.

You dont actually expect him to be in Tripoli getting bombed in the explosive manner!!

• Almost invariably, presidents are elected and reelected based on the state of the economy. And we all know what that is right now. So unless economic improvements occur that are completely unforeseen right now, I'm almost positive Bambi will be a one-term president.

Also, if you read as much about politics as I do, you'll find that many of the people who voted for Bambi last time are deserting him. Mostly because of the state of the economy but also because of the growth of government control over almost every aspect of our lives.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Almost invariably, presidents are elected and reelected based on the state of the economy. And we all know what that is right now. So unless economic improvements occur that are completely unforeseen right now, I'm almost positive Bambi will be a one-term president.

Also, if you read as much about politics as I do, you'll find that many of the people who voted for Bambi last time are deserting him. Mostly because of the state of the economy but also because of the growth of government control over almost every aspect of our lives.

The job of President in 2012 will be a thankless task for whoever gets it but unless there is a strong alternative Obama could end of getting elected by default.

• Hey erthomp143, what is the origin of that quote about the turd in powdered sugar?

You know I don't really remember, I think it was a public official talking about one of the Government health plans... I will do a little searching and see if I can find it....

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• The GOP is gonna have to come up with a tried-and-true conservative to have any chance of beating Bambi. Michele is a take-no-prisoners conservative, even more so than Sarah. I'd vote for Bachmann in a New York minute.

I like Michele too, but I may vote for Ron Paul in the primary, just to send a message!

Jim

• Not sure if I am late with this, or if any one even cares. But here is an interesting article on Michele Bachmann and John Wayne.

And here is another article on the same subject, just because I can. and even another one, just because she seems to be all over my news feed I have set up on my homepage.

• Not sure if I am late with this, or if any one even cares. But here is an interesting article on Michele Bachmann and John Wayne.

And here is another article on the same subject, just because I can. and even another one, just because she seems to be all over my news feed I have set up on my homepage.

Sure your name isn't Chris Matthews, LB?

• This is not really surprising as a majority of those young and ignorant Americans voted for the least-qualified presidential candidate in 2008. And all Americans have suffered the consequences ever since.

• Hard to believe that, because history in every nation is an important part of what this nation and their citizens are today. I feel it is necessary to know about history to become a responsible citizen!

In highschool in Austria we have learned a lot about Austrian history and the emperors of Austro-Hungaria and how our country became a republic for the first time after WWI and again after the dark times of Nazi-tyranny in WWII. And we have learned about the American War of Independence too! As I graduated from highschool for my last examination in history I had to choose two of three questions. The questions were:

Slavery in the Roman Empire
    The Peace Conference of Jalta
    The American War of Independence

the least-qualified presidential candidate in 2008. And all Americans have suffered the consequences ever since.

I fully agree that and would add, that the whole world has suffered from this decision... But that is my personal opinion and it is one of the roots of democracy, that people have the right to think different. Here in Germany many of the young people love Obama.

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

Edited once, last by Dukesfan ().

• Hard to believe that, because history in every nation is an important part of what this nation and their citizens are today. I feel it is necessary to know about history to become a responsible citizen!

I agree - history was always one of my favorite subjects in school. And lest we forget:

"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
    George Santayana"

Here in Germany many of the young people love Obama.

Tell those young people that they can have him. :laugh: But believe me, they'll regret it.