Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 831,414 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• No, there aren't any K-Marts here in San Antonio, either, Carl. They all went out of business locally enmass several years ago!
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

P.S. Albertson's bought property where several small businesses were located and ran them off to build one of their supermarkets. One of the folks I knew had a very popular business called "Taco Hut." He had to relocate several miles away at what he thought was a good location at an expressway intersection (on IH-37). In order to get the money for the new business, he had to hock his mother's home in the process. Needless to say, he went out of business within a year. To add insult to injury, Albertson's closed all their stores here a few years ago and the building remains unoccupied!

Hi Jay, im kinda surprised trhey closed down there as well. I wonder if they are anywhere in Texas then? I guess they had to close in order to make more room for HEB and WM :rolleyes: Sounds like Albertson's has the same business practices as does WM--the jerks. Sorry about that guy you knew (shaking my head no-no, thinking about that ) and that figures that albertson's would close--not caring whose lives they already ruined. Im beginning to think that the Govt needs to break up WM as well--like they did ma bell.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I didn't know if I should post this in Politics or A Friendly Subject, but decided this was the place, as it is more political than funny (thought it IS funny!).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[FONT=arial,helvetica]Subject: I miss Bill Clinton

It doesn't matter what party you belong to - this is hilarious. From a show on Canadian TV, there was a black comedian who said he misses Bill Clinton.
    "Yep, that's right - I miss Bill Clinton! He was the closest thing we ever got to having a black man as President. Number 1 - He played the sax. Number 2 - He smoked weed. Number 3 - He had his way with ugly white women. Even now? Look at him... his wife works, and he doesn't! And, he gets a check from the government every month. Chrysler Corporation is adding a new car to its line to honor Bill Clinton. The Dodge Drafter will be built in Canada .
    When asked what he thought about foreign affairs, Clinton replied, "I don't know, I never had one."
    The Clinton revised judicial oath: "I solemnly swear to tell the truth as I know it, the whole truth as I believe it to be, and nothing but what I think you need to know."
    Clinton will be recorded in history as the only President to do Hanky Panky between Bushes."

... ya gotta love it

Remember that Hillary knew all about the "Hanky Panky" but did not make a public issue of it as she wished to present a picture of a "happy " marriage, as she had already decided back then to run for President. [/FONT]

• Hi Chester

Loved your critique of Clinton so true. Yet the guy was so likeable and seemed he could charm anybody he met. Obviously, these are characters missing in the ice maiden Hilary.

Lord help you in 2008!!!

Mike

• Heaven forbid we are stupid enough to elect that family back into office. They remind me of the Angel family on Judge Dredd. And Bill has the dial on his forehead.

• I think and hope that most people will start seeing the true her once the debates heat up and are on national TV. I am not opposed to a woman being a president but I am opposed the "that" woman being the president.

Thanks DukePilgrim. I actually wake up everyday and think the same thing, god help this country if "it" gets elected.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• You know Stumpy, I was just getting ready to go to bed and then I saw your post . . . now I'm gonna have nightmares . . . if I can even get to sleep :headbonk:!

Chester :newyear:

That's easy to change. Just put in and watch a few episodes of Hogan's Heroes or Daniel Boone--and they will make you forget all about what was posted above. :wink_smile:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• That thing out to be sent to Iraq permanently!! "It" thiks we are such a bad country, I think she needs a first hand account of what is going on over there, then she can really have somethign to cry about!!

AAGGGG!! That picture makes me sick!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I see Putin is sending a icebreaker submarine to Arctic to lay claim to a large portion of North Pole. The fact that there are possible massive oil reserves there has nothing to do with it!!!

Sounds like an Ice Station Zebra situation should be developing soon.

Mike