Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 835,000 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I think Palin is starting to hurt Mc Cain

McCain is hurting McCain. He's handling Obama with kid gloves, which is ticking a lot of Republicans off. But even worse, I read this morning that huge majorities, of all persuasions, were very strongly opposed to the bailout, which McCain supported. Of course, so did Obama, but right now nothing sticks to him.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Does this not look like a rerun of the Dole campaign. The Republicans ran out Dole even though they knew they would lose and he also got his shot.

It seems McCain gets his shot, Palin gets noticed, and life goes on. McCain is treating Obama like he is going to be his next boss and doesn't want to upset him.

It leaves us out in the cold, but when has a politician cared?

• Here's another reason I'm not going to vote in this election. Texas is not one of the "battleground" states so however I vote won't matter. I predict McCain will win Texas by a fairly large margin so one vote in tens of millions won't matter.

• Does this not look like a rerun of the Dole campaign. The Republicans ran out Dole even though they knew they would lose and he also got his shot.

Exactly right, Jeff. I've been telling people that ever since McCain won the nomination. I sure get tired of these politicial attitudes that seem to say, "well, it's his/her turn".

McCain is treating Obama like he is going to be his next boss and doesn't want to upset him.

Exactly right again.

when has a politician cared?

Right a third time. You're on the mark today.

• I seem to recall that a term limits law was passed and the black-robed tyrants in SCOTUS ruled that it was unconstitutional, at least at the federal level. And that's where it's needed most.

You know, I've read a lot of American history and throughout the history of this republic, Congress has acted like the aggregate of idiots that they are. Hell, even during the Revolution, they wouldn't fund the troops properly. They were too stingy then and way too profligate now.

• The US Gov't needed to change from the Articles of Confederation to the Constitution in 1790 but we lost state powers and term limits. State powers stayed into effect until 1833 supreme court ruling in the Baltimore case of the harbor that Marshall ruled.
    If only they could have combined the two. Even the Bill of Rights by Mason would have been better than Madisons in that Rights or 'Rats' as they say in Philly were less emphasized. Serving the greater good than yourself. What a concept, if only.:sad:

• Serving the greater good than yourself. What a concept, if only.:sad:

Ain't it the truth?

When I was young and very green behind the ears, I actually thought that national legislators worked for the national good and state legislators worked for the state good. What a naif I was.

• The third paragraph from the end in this column hits the nail precisely on the head.

"But there is something incongruous in examining the racism in a group that plans on voting more than 40 percent for a candidate of a different color, while ignoring a bloc expected to vote within its color lines almost exclusively."

More than 40 percent of whites plan on voting for a black man while I doubt that the percentage of blacks voting for McCain exceeds 1 percent. And yet the Dems and their media allies are trying to convince us that white racism may defeat Obambi. What a bunch of hypocritical BS.