Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 831,033 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• What's hypocritical as hell are their monolithic charges that "she's too inexperienced" to become president. This from the bunch that never utters a peep about Obama's complete lack of executive experience. As a former mayor and now a governor, Sarah has ten times the executive "experience" of His Highness.

Here's a good column about the political "elite's" attitude toward Sarah. It's obvious the Washington clowns consider themselves smarter and better than the rest of us and they consider Sarah to be among "the rest of us".

I've said it before but it bears repeating - WE NEED ANOTHER REVOLUTION BECAUSE THE POLITICAL CLASS IN THIS COUNTRY HAS ADOPTED GEORGE THE THIRD'S ATTITUDES. THEY THINK OF US NOT AS CITIZENS BUT AS "SUBJECTS".

De gustibus non est disputandum

• For those of you who might have missed the Saturday Night live opening with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, portraying Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton respectively, here is a link to the whole thing (you wouldn't believe how long it took me to find it! I watched it yesterday morning, in its entirety on YouTube, but when I went back to find it again, all I could find was bits and pieces but not the whole thing - as you might imagine, most negative Hillary portrayals were chopped out and most negative Sarah bits were shown).

You will have to 'endure' a 30 second commercial prior to the 'main event.'

SNL opening from 09/13/08

Chester :newyear:

• I read somewhere that Sarah was amused at the portrayal of her.

• I've been wondering about this very same thing myself.

There's not a doubt in my military mind that the SOBs are capable of such a move. Of course, it might backfire on 'em because that would really fire up the GOP base.

• Subject: Statements of a Muslim JACKASS

[FONT=Helvetica, Verdana, Arial]

Obama explains Our National Anthem

Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer wears a flag
    pin, presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama was forced to explain why
    he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

According to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171,
    During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all
    present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing
    the flag with the right hand over the heart.

'As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking
    sides, 'Obama said. 'There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American
    flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like
    message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be
    swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song
    'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I
    might salute it. ' I don't think my church is actually particularly controversial.' - Barack Obama.

This comment really nails it! 'LTG Bill Ginn' USAF retired forwarded:

Comment:

If someone had told me 64 years ago, as I was roaring down the runway in
    the most beautiful airplane in the world, that I would see our country
    subjected to one of the most disgusting Presidential elections
    imaginable, I would have told them they were crazy as hell....

What in the world have we come to? And, Obama wants to be the leader of
    the American Military??!! Commander in Chief???
    HOW DID HE GET THIS FAR ???????????
    [/FONT]

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• That was actually quite funny.

More of a burn on Sarah then Hillary but not too bad.

-John Wayne

• A few months ago, I was doing some Back-Ground Checks on some People that do some work for NASA here in the Verde Valley, so I Did one on Obama also, and here are some of the things that it had to say about Him !
    :ohmy:
    Now if some Old Man like me out in the Middle Of Arizona can find out things like these, How Come You Do Not Hear this on The T.V. News ?
    :fear2:
    http://www.ranch26bar.com/OBAMA.html

Bill
    :cowboy:

• "
    The trucker vote

"If you've got a nice blue and white 'Obama for President' sticker on the back of your Toyota Prius and a big 18-wheel rig starts riding your butt, it might be best to let him by, because it's very likely that the driver isn't on your political team," Paul Bedard writes in the Washington Whispers column at www.usnews.com.

"It's an unofficial poll, but a site for truckers finds that Sen. John McCain is the industry's fave over Sen. Barack Obama, 67 to 27 percent."

The above was extracted from the "Inside Politics" column of the "Washington Times" newspaper. While reading it, I thought to myself "Deep inside, you must have trucker blood". :teeth_smile:

• I'm no Obama fan, but according to Truth or Fiction (not quite as left-leaning as Snopes), the story shared by Todd is not true, and should probably not be passed on (sorry, Todd).

Here's a link to a list of Obama-related stories, and the truth (or lack thereof) of them.

Mrs. C :angel1:

Thanks Mrs C. I was going to do a check on it but failed to do that before I posted it.

Sorry folks......

-John Wayne

• Thanks Mrs C. I was going to do a check on it but failed to do that before I posted it.

Sorry folks......

No problem, Todd . . . we still :wub: you!! The last time I looked, there was only One who holds the monopoly on perfection :wink_smile:.

And yeah, thanks, Stumpy, for pointing out the obvious. It's NOT the color of the man's skin to which I object, it's just everything for which he stands.

Interestingly enough, each idealogy views the other side with nearly equivalent fear - i.e. we're doomed if (the opponent) wins, this country is going to go down the tubes, etc. The libs don't want McCain appointing Supreme Court Justices, and the conservatives for sure don't want Obama doing it!

Mrs. C :angel1:

• You are right Mrs. C with each side going back n forth like the Hatfields and McCoys on a Saturday night. The election is important, but so is disasters like Ike and financial crisis's like Lehman and AIG.
    I am just following what's going on but really trusting that the One or the Man upstairs as Duke called Him who is really in control sorts everything out.

ShortGrub :pizza:

• Typical liberal reasoning - whites don't want to vote for Obambi because of his skin color. Never mind that his ideology bears a close resemblance to that of Karl Marx.

For myself personally it is not the color of his skin. That, I think, is brought up everytime by the liberals who want to point it out and use it as a reason to dislike a person or party. If the people of different skin color really looked at how they are used, they should be outraged. One problem that this country has is that we are divided into classes by the media and sometimes the liberals and if we would just call everyone of us Americans we could move on past the petty name calling. We are all Americans, regardless off skin color, ethinicity, ect.....

And as far as Obama is concerned, you guys are right, his policies and views on life are scary. I think he would be a bit too much at this time for the country and the world.

-John Wayne

• if we would just call everyone of us Americans we could move on past the petty name calling. We are all Americans, regardless off skin color, ethinicity

You and I feel exactly the same on this, Todd, but for 30 years the damned liberals have preached the gospel of "diversity and multiculturalism" so that now everyone in this country divides themselves by their country or continent of origin, i.e., African-Americans, Mexican-Americans, German-Americans, Polish-Americans, Irish-Americans, etc, etc, etc.

That infuriates the hell out of me. When I was a kid we just called ourselves plain old Americans, no matter where our ancestors came from.

• Now everyone in this country divides themselves by their country or continent of origin, i.e., African-Americans, Mexican-Americans, German-Americans, Polish-Americans, Irish-Americans, etc, etc, etc.

The immigrants who came to America, that is everyone who isn't a native American Indian, all separated into their own cultural/ethnic groups by choice when they arrived onto these shores.
    Most big cities NY, Phila, LA,Chi-town and Washington D.C. all have a China town plus a predominant black area and Hispanic. Remember Irish, Italian, Polish American clubs that weren't media driven.
    The 1965 equal rights amendment changed how the US and the media labeled and pushed everything into meaning what the liberals wanted them to mean. Down hill ever since in the public arena.

• The immigrants who came to America, that is everyone who isn't a native American Indian, all separated into their own cultural/ethnic groups by choice when they arrived onto these shores.
    Most big cities NY, Phila, LA,Chi-town and Washington D.C. all have a China town plus a predominant black area and Hispanic. Remember Irish, Italian, Polish American clubs that weren't media driven.
    The 1965 equal rights amendment changed how the US and the media labeled and pushed everything into meaning what the liberals wanted them to mean. Down hill ever since in the public arena.

I don't know how old you are, Jeff, but I came of age in the Forties and early Fifties. As I recall, there were absolutely no hyphenated groups in this country back then. Everyone (or at least everyone I knew) thought of themselves as Americans, first, last and always.

Our unity has been one of our main strengths ever since we became a country, way back in 1789. In fact, our national motto, as I'm sure you know, is e pluribus unum which, translated from Latin, means "one out of many". This meant that one nation was created out of many states but it also signified that one people was made up of many nationalities.

In the wake of al Qaeda's attack on the World Trade Center, we came together and presented a united front to the terrorists, just as we presented a united front to Japan following the attack on Pearl Harbor. Of course, it didn't last long following 9/11 because as always, the damned Dummicrats went back to their old game of dividing us into factions.

Remember the old cliche "united we stand, divided we fall"? There's a lot of truth in that, as I think we're gonna find out in the not-too-distant future.

• On the news today is one of the prime reasons this nation is not what it once was totally because of the liberal thinking and political correctness.
    Those men who are being sentenced for killing those 4 Iraqis insurgents. If they would have killed them in battle no one would have said nothing. To do as they would to our soldiers is a crime. Bah humbug!
    They would have killed our troops in execution style and not missed a beat. The only thing those Islame-ists understand is eye for an eye.
    Obama wants to talk with them, ah, phooey. Kill them all, let God figure out who lives and dies.
    Sorry just a bit peeved after reading that news brief.:eek: