Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 831,085 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Todd,
    You're one of my favorite people on the board so please don't let what I'm about to say hurt your feelings. But as the board's unelected language coach, I can no longer remain silent. :wink_smile:

You need to study the dictionary spellings and definitions of "there", "their" and "they're", old buddy.

De gustibus non est disputandum

Our framers of the Constitution based everthing on Biblical meanings and our own American judges in the early 19th century started to undermine those foundations.
    With each immigrant coming from a irreligious countries only added to our change in beliefs in America which culminated in taking anything Jewish or Christian out of our Gov't and schools. Schools can still teach Islam, and other cult teachings without any interference.
    This week newspapers sent notice of the story about Islamic terrorist and they received calls, emails about this that were negative. Islamists make up less than 5% of Americans and yet just as the gays who are less than 9% when they complain it stops everything.
    These fringe groups just rattle the bars louder than the rest of us do.
    For me it makes me ashamed of my Quaker heritage for all the ruining of America they have done. __________________
    ShortGrub :pizza:

And its amazing how the "liberal media" seems to slam anything and everything that has any traditional religious values.

A very good example is how they are trying to trash Sarah Palin at every turn. Hopefully, they have "bit of more than they can chew".

Chester :newyear:

• A depressing read.

Remember the old cliche about "never trust anyone over 30" that we used to believe when we were younger. Well, for me personally that has been reversed. I think 90 percent of youngsters today are absolute airheads.

• Todd,
    You're one of my favorite people on the board so please don't let what I'm about to say hurt your feelings. But as the board's unelected language coach, I can no longer remain silent. :wink_smile:

You need to study the dictionary spellings and definitions of "there", "their" and "they're", old buddy.

It doesn't offend me.....sometime's I get into typing a topic and I forget that I am on a message board and not texting on my damn Blackberry!!

Now check this out if you want to read alittle on the bailout and a possible idea on how it happened.

http://www.americanthinker.com…ama_and_the_strategy.html

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Diversity and multiculturalism is truly the downfall of this society. People don't understand that when you let people "be who they are" all the time you sometimes go down a path that you will no longer come back from. We as a country(USA) cannot allow people to come to this country and let them make policy or law because that's the way they did it in there country. If you left that country it must have been for a reason, don't come here and hide behind our existing laws and try to act the same way you did in your old country. You want to come to America? Then come and be an American!! No more of this mexican-american, japanese american, ect.... You didn't see our ancestor's coming here and calling themselves norwegian-american's or german-americans. They were just plain Americans. Sure they brought with them things from there culture but they put an effort into being a American because they came here to make a better life. Now we have spineless politicians and judges who don't want to affend anyone so they tell us we need to embrace these people while they tear down the very things all the immigrants from the last 100+ years have built up.

Sorry, but like Stumpy, I get alittle fired up on these types of issues.

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: Well-said Todd, I fully concur with your excellent posting.

Best regards-Carl.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• You AREN'T going to have it unless YOU get out and vote. :glare:

Come back when you know what you're talking about.

I've been voting longer than you've been alive and it hasn't made one iota of difference in the way Washington (or any other political entity I've lived under) does business.

Apparently you haven't yet figured out that the main goal of politicians is to prolong their time in office, all the while feathering their own nest and that of their family, friends and campaign contributors.

This is one old boy who's tired of spinning his wheels. To hell with all of 'em.

• 544 People

By Charlie Reese (Charlie Reese is a former columnist of the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper.)

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered why, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered why, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does.
    You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.
    You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.
    You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.
    You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.
    One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, and nine Supreme Court justices, 544 human beings out of the population of 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country. Members of the Federal Reserve Board are excluded because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank. Also excluded are all of the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a president to do one cotton-pickin' thing. It doesn't matter if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how they vote.

Those 544 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you/me that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this con game regardless of party. What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? They (in this case - she) are the leader of the majority party. She and fellow House members, not the president, can approve any budget they want.
    If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 544 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 544 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 544 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.
    - If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.
    - If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.
    - If they do not pay or receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 544 people shift the blame:
    - to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish;
    - to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject;
    - to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power.
    Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like the 'economy,' 'inflation,' or 'politics' that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 544 people, and they alone, are responsible.
    - They, and they alone, have the power.
    - They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses, provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees.
    - We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess, 80% of them have been in office too long and have made a career of it!
    How would you like a job where you work less than a 100 days a year, take a vacation when you want, can retire with full benafits after your first term, vote your own pay raise and are accountable to no one, and can make a total fool of yourself daily on national T.V.

This says it all.

• The main corrupt bozo ever in politics was FDR. I know many were before him, but he was and always will be head bozo. The extra 2 terms when he was past the ability to make sound decisions. Stalin loved him and Churchill well didn't by the time of Malta and giving the USSR the keys to the kingdom. The Japs should have bombed FDR's house.:mad:, but since he knew about Hawaii he would have not been there. It's a shame the sailors at Hawaii couldn't have done the same thing, but then FDR wanted his war. Just can't believe he was Teddy's cousin. FDR's side missed the good sense genes.

I agree power does corrupt and the politians only serve themselves.

Watching the debate tonight and McCain is digging his own grave. Obama will win by a landslide. McCain debates like Bush's Father did against Clinton and we know how well that worked.
    Honestly, 2012 with Palin and whoever looks good right now.

• Count your blessings you dont have Goofy Gordon. At the rate he is going we wont have a communal pot to piss in!!!:cry2:

At least you had Blair. I am not sure what the other Americans here feel about him, but he stood by us when all others outside of Poland and a few who all deserted America in out fight against terror.
    My Wife and I heard him while we were over in England and he is a charismatic speaker, and much more polished than Bush.

• At least you had Blair. I am not sure what the other Americans here feel about him, but he stood by us when all others outside of Poland and a few who all deserted America in out fight against terror.
    My Wife and I heard him while we were over in England and he is a charismatic speaker, and much more polished than Bush.

I also admired and respected PM Blair for his support.

• I also admired and respected PM Blair for his support.

The problem with Blair was that he was all things to all men & women. He agreed with whoever he was in the company with. If he had met Hitler or Stalin in his time he would bonded with them as well and still had a smiley photoshoot.

His wife Cherie would make Imelda Marcos look like a angel. I think gangster is too mild a word to describe her.

Tony is a brilliant public speaker but is all hot air with no substance.

Palin could be Thatcher but then again she could also be a lot of other things. Personally, she is unknown, untested with little practical experience. Hopefully she will get the opportunity to gain experience before being thrust onto the big stage.

• The problem with Blair was that he was all things to all men & women. He agreed with whoever he was in the company with.

It's the nature of the beast, Mike. That's what politicians do. Bill Clinton was one of the world's best at it.

• ((I agree with you in saying to hell with all of them. However, maybe just because i'm appx slightly more than 1/2 of your age-doesn't mean that I haven't learned what those jerks in Washington are all about. I KNOW that to get into most any office of anykind-that they have to sell their Mothers and Children and their Souls (if they have any?) in order to get elected.

I also know that Texas is one of the worst States as far as politicians and what THEY were leected to do for the average person goes-and with the speaking with Forked-Tongues goes. Gov rick perry is a prime example of that.)))

• The main corrupt bozo ever in politics was FDR. I know many were before him, but he was and always will be head bozo. The extra 2 terms when he was past the ability to make sound decisions. Stalin loved him and Churchill well didn't by the time of Malta and giving the USSR the keys to the kingdom. The Japs should have bombed FDR's house.:mad:, but since he knew about Hawaii he would have not been there. It's a shame the sailors at Hawaii couldn't have done the same thing, but then FDR wanted his war. Just can't believe he was Teddy's cousin. FDR's side missed the good sense genes.

I agree power does corrupt and the politians only serve themselves.

Watching the debate tonight and McCain is digging his own grave. Obama will win by a landslide. McCain debates like Bush's Father did against Clinton and we know how well that worked.
    Honestly, 2012 with Palin and whoever looks good right now.

:thumbs_up::thumbs_up: I completely agree with you-especially about FDR. I'm glad im not the only one who sees FDR for what he was. The more I learn about him makes me like him much less. His only savings grace-might be that some of the double-dealing he did-was actually for the war effort-but not as much as the older history books want to make out.

I'm also of the same opinion as you are in that I believe that obama-lama-will be our next Pres. However, I still will vote for Sarah Palin.

• It's the nature of the beast, Mike. That's what politicians do. Bill Clinton was one of the world's best at it.

Yes, Jim. Isnt it ironic that the best speakers are the best liars. If Bush Jr had been gifted with Clinton's & Blair's eloquence it could have made all the difference to his Presidency.

The only time I saw him speak naturally was an interview he gave to Newsnight about his time as President when he was under no pressure.
    He came across so much better than any other time I have seen him give a speech or make a presentation.

• Palin could be Thatcher but then again she could also be a lot of other things. Personally, she is unknown, untested with little practical experience. Hopefully she will get the opportunity to gain experience before being thrust onto the big stage.

McCain is dabating so poorly that Obama will win, and only a miracle of God can prevent that from happening.

Since Obama will be in the Whitehorse, Palin and Alaska will be the forgotten state. He will make sure she can not get much political exposure nationally so that her reputation isn't helped for 2012. Needless to say the oil and natural gas will stay underground there, and probably no off shore drilling since it was a republican idea.