Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 833,236 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I'm tired of holding my nose every four years. Georgia is a very red state but many here are tired of the same old, same old.

Once again, we're in total agreement.

I've said over and over that I'm sick of voting for the lesser of two evils.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Once again, we're in total agreement.

I've said over and over that I'm sick of voting for the lesser of two evils.

I don't think truly "good" people will ever be part of the american political system anymore. There is just to much of a "good ole boys club" on each side. A non-corrupt person just will not get a chance to do anything in the current Washington political environment. Now, if we had term limits, then I think you would start to see good people who want to go to Washington to make a difference.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Todd,
    I can understand Minneapolis & St. Paul voting for the Dummicrats, since they're urbanized areas (and once again, I don't understand what it is about cities that promotes liberalism) but who is it that lives up in northern Minnesota that's so hot for the Dummicrats?

• Here's a man I'd dearly love to see seize control of the Republican Party and run for president.

Him, and Jim DeMint of South Carolina, are about the only two true conservatives in Congress, far as I'm concerned.

• Todd,
    I can understand Minneapolis & St. Paul voting for the Dummicrats, since they're urbanized areas (and once again, I don't understand what it is about cities that promotes liberalism) but who is it that lives up in northern Minnesota that's so hot for the Dummicrats?

It is the taconite mining town's and tourism that dominate the northern part of Minnesota. Always looking for handouts is my thought.

-John Wayne

• i have to say i was really impressed, watching the american election, at how everybody congratulated their opponents and said good things about them afterwards - that doesnt happen over here so much - maybe because we are not electing a leader of the country per se but just a prime minister

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• i have to say i was really impressed, watching the american election, at how everybody congratulated their opponents and said good things about them afterwards - that doesnt happen over here so much - maybe because we are not electing a leader of the country per se but just a prime minister

You regard the subject of politics with far more equanimity than I do, badger.

To me, politics is warfare - my ideas against theirs - and just as they do, I will do almost anything to win. Because let's face it, a political party that is ruthless (and believe me, the Democrats are ruthless; in fact, the Republicans are political wimps comparatively speaking.) can do just about anything they want, even in a so-called democracy.

• Well, not many in the Dummicrat propaganda machine, oops, American news media get it but at least one British journalist does. He labels the Obama craze for what it is - a cult.

• Here's an email I got from a teacher friend. I don't know if she personally carried out this experiment in Civics 101, or if one of her teacher friends did, but there's not a doubt in my military mind that it worked exactly as she said.

"It's all about the Ice Cream

The most eye-opening civics lesson I ever had was while teaching third grade in 2008. The presidential election was heating up and some of the children showed an interest. I decided we would have an election for a class president. We would choose our nominees. They would make a campaign speech and the class would vote.

To simplify the process, candidates were nominated by other class members. We discussed what kinds of characteristics these students should have. We got many nominations and from those, Jamie and Olivia were picked to run for the top spot.

The class had done a great job in their selections. Both candidates were good kids. I thought Jamie might have an advantage because he got lots of parental support. I had never seen Olivia's mother. The day arrived when they were to make their speeches. Jamie went first. He had specific ideas about how to make our class a better place. He ended by promising to do his very best. Every one applauded. He sat down and Olivia came to the podium. Her speech was concise. She said, "If you vote for me, I'll give you ice cream." She sat down. The class went wild. "Yes! Yes! We want ice cream."

She could have said more, but didn't. She didn't have to. A discussion followed. How did she plan to pay for the ice cream? She wasn't sure. Would her parents buy it or would the class pay for it. She didn't know. The class really didn't care. All they were thinking about was ice cream. Jamie was forgotten. Olivia won by a landslide.

Every time Barack Obama opens his mouth he offers ice cream, and fifty percent of America reacts like eight and nine year olds. They want ice cream. The other fifty percent know they're going to have to feed the cow."

• I wanna share this comment made to a column by George Will in the "Townhall" blog. I especially like, and agree with, that last sentence. :teeth_smile:

"President elect Obama began his career as expected, he made a total a$s of himself in front of millions of Americans, those that knew he is a light weight and those that have just enough mental capacity to believe he is a real Messiah. To offend a former first lady and the wife of the most magnificent President I have seen in my lifetime, Ronald Reagan confirmed to me why I voted for John McCain, I went shopping on the first floor when I voted for McCain and lunatics on the left went for the bargain basement.

I will never have any respect for this loon acting as commander in chief.

Obama is not qualified to clean Ronald Reagan’s Jock Strap."

• Not much I would want to add to that Stumpy......Like I have stated in the past, we need ole Ronny back!!!

-John Wayne

• When I was a Young Boy with Both Grandmothers were Both Native Americans, and my other Half were Scott, Irish and English, and the other Half were Native American or before all this Correct Language and I was Called A Half Breed, but went though life Thinking I was White because I was Raised in a ALL White Family, and even in the U.S.A.F. I was called White on my Dog Tags !
    :wink_smile:
    Now the way I hear it Obama in Half White or Caucasian and Half Negro or Black so that should make Him a Half Breed Also !
    :glare:
    But that is not what He calls Himself, and Everyone Calls Him, BLACK !!
    :stunned:
    So I quess that Means if You Have any Negro Blood in You that Makes You BLACK !!!
    :hyper:
    Chilibill
    :tongue1:Kemo-Sa-Be Say, "Hi-Yo-Silver Away !!!!

• Actually most of you Americans are what I would call "Native American" color. Apart from the odd African American who havent lightened up and the odd albino or red haired person who cant go out in the sun you mostly look the same to us.

If you want to be really white come live in Western Europe for 4-5 years. We could arrange an exchange program. California sounds nice to me.

• So I quess that Means if You Have any Negro Blood in You that Makes You BLACK !!!
    Chilibill

I heard this comment on a tv program I was watching, . . . " Obama isn't black, because he is only 1/6 black and, (according to some scale) you have to be 1/5 black to be black". :glare: It sounded "confusing" to me. I don't think his "blackness" is as important as his "redness"

Chester :newyear:

• I still find it incomprehensible that a person with that idiotic-sounding name was elected president of this country founded by colonists from England.