I wonder how I missed this?

There are 34 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 8,714 times. The latest Post () was by DukePilgrim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Ringo

It says Amazon have it on DVD but it come up as unavailable.

No trace anywhere else and I have tried alternate title The First Rebel.

If I see anything I will let you know

Mike

• If you look at the IMDb you'll notice Circus World and The Barbarian and the Geisha are also shown as being available in the US, just like Allegheny Uprising. But none of them are available. Sometimes Amazon gets wind of a DVD release then adds an entry with an ASIN (Amazon Standard Identification Number). A good example is Circus World, which never materialized but the entry still exists. So I assume Amazon received some 'inside' buzz about the other titles and created entries for them.

Allegheny Uprising was first released on DVD in Japan in 1999 and then re-released with a different cover some time later. The film is available on an Italian DVD fom Columbia (Sony). Both are hard to get on this side of the pond.

• Hi Todd, Mike, Keith, Chester & the Mrs, Rough Rider & Duke P,

Here is how I found it out on IMDB. A few days ago, I was bored and had nothing to do while waiting for my ride back home so I went to IMDB to mess around.

I got there and noticed a feature called: My Movies, and decided to start making a list of Duke movies that I wanted-not expecting to see that they would say a few that were known not to be on DvD, that they were indeed on DvD. Anyway, I proceeded to make a list of over 100 of the Duke's films and when I had come across Allegheny Uprising, they have that list top the right side of the screen that tells you if it has been released on VHS, DvD etc, and I was shocked to see that they did have it listed as being on DvD.

Anyway, I HOPE it's true that it will be coming out soon.

Todd, not sure how to answer your questions though.

Best regards--Carl.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• This has been listed as available for a long time on the site. I seen it myself years ago. I was doing research for the availability of John Wayne DVD's and this is one of them listed and not out. There was a bootleg of that movie out at Amazon or eBay (can't remember which), but suspected that it was not legal, so I didn't get it. The price was over $50 as well.

I don't want that movie that bad. But imbd has been contacted several times by me and told of this misconception. They assured me that they would correct that problem but did not at this point in time.

I was aware of this.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• They always get released.

Remember Sgt York and Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

In the case of John Wayne they must be running out of titles so hopefully it wont be long.

Mike

• I've checked all my sources... I have it on VHS and transferred it to DVD but the only DVD is from ByGoneVideo who recorded it off a 16mm film. I doubt I ever complete my collection since some of them are missing.

• Hi Mike and all. Thanks for your info and I will have to call up customer service about my DvD player. I bought it about 4 years ago for about $300.00 at Best Buy. If it matters any, it is a Sony. ;-))

• There is a way to remove the region code if you have the right software and a DVD Burner in your computer.

You are correct DakotaSurfer. And it is really easy to do.

Is there a DVD of Allegheny Uprising out on DVD? Any region will do.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi Mike, thanks for this as well. I have seen ones like these for sale and I think I can probably get one at Best Buy or Circuit City or even Wal-Mart. Tell you one thing, the price I saw when looking at that model in the link you provided, sure is one that I can live with. ;-)) There is a whole slew of movies that I will start getting once I buy another player. I don't know who puts it out but, there is a British War Collection I want to get. ;-))